Warnock out of order blaming back four for watford defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
    Just heard him on the FL show. Sorry Neil, but when your defenders are being constantly outnumbered by breakaways at pace for the whole game, that's a major managerial tactical error on your part. Their manager out-done you with pre-match praise. Live and learn.
    Sorry Steve but NW has a little more nous at making football decisions than anyone of us do and whilst we will all have our opinions, from what I saw, connolly and gorkks displays were pivotal as to why we lost, they were all over the place. Sometimes one will bail the other out but on friday both were as bad as each other and Watford took full advantage, Graham must have thought it was his Birthday.
    Their performances stretched the rest of the side creating more space in the middle of the park, which Faurlin particularly struggled to cope with.
    All teams have bad days though, our next opponents shipped 6 goals at home to Preston then another 4 to Cardiff but are now flying.

Comment

it was the worst defencive display in recent memory. didnt look like it was the same players from all season, they could not do a thing right.

Comment

I thought they were all over the place, because there's a difference between facing an attack with four defenders, than having just two centrebacks running backwards with no fullbacks in sight, because they're still upfield, and having to deal with three and sometimes four attackers coming at you all over the place at speed.

I think that's why they looked terrible and made mistakes. It's easy to defend more or less staticly facing upfield, than defending on the run facing your own goal.

Comment

I blame every player out there today. Not one stood out. Taarabt should never play for the cameras - he was equally **** against Bristol City, too-

Comment

Connolly has been appalling since pompey

Comment

Reminded me of me when we played Man City in League Cup several years ago and also shipped 3 goals. On both occasions our defence inexplicably played miles too far up the field and allowed oppostion to bomb into space behind them at will.
              I have no idea what tactics/shape NW was aiming for nor why he did not appear to (a) read the early signs of it going awry or (b) change the system.
              Still, our defenders didn't suddenly become donkeys overnight and I fully expect them to get back to their miserly ways on Saturday and thereafter.

Comment

I could have run faster than Gorkss on Friday.

Saying that some bad performances all around the pitch, no more so than Walker, Gorkss and faurlin.

To be fair they are allowed a stinker
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Walker?

He was one of our better players.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Went forward far too much and not aware of the-run down the by-line for the goal
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Can I just note that Derry lost Graham for the first goal and he was no existant

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Saying that some bad performances all around the pitch, no more so than Walker, Gorkss and faurlin.
                        I actually thought Walker did ok but to be fair i was watching it on the tele not at the ground so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt there Pete

Comment

connolly is the one who worries me.

gorkks we all know is slow.. but he makes up for that with his aerial presence.. but connolly as calm and collected as he is on the ball doesnt cut it for me lately. just reading the game wrong and not being committed enough to his decisions. would like us to bring in a cb in january. somebody with pace and no nonsense tackling.
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Our lack of pace at the back lost us the game along with our inability to keep the ball in midfield. Our CB's are okay when teams play the ball forward in the air or send in crosses but when they run at us, Portsmouth and Watford, Gorrks and Connolly get found out.

Time to strengthen the back line me thinks - NW are you reading/listerning ??!!
                            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                            X