Warnock out of order blaming back four for watford defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock out of order blaming back four for watford defeat

Just heard him on the FL show. Sorry Neil, but when your defenders are being constantly outnumbered by breakaways at pace for the whole game, that's a major managerial tactical error on your part. Their manager out-done you with pre-match praise. Live and learn.

wow!

Comment

I'll be listening to what else he says on talksh*te tomorrow too. I haven't got a problem with losing, although just a bit that it's always watford! but be honest Neil.

Comment

The defence was awful on Friday yes the whole team was poor but first goal unmarked in 6 yard box, 2nd goal ball watching, 3rd goal fumbling about and lost out on the loose ball I'd say he was pretty spot on myself.

Comment

He had every right to say that. It was obvious to the world that the defence was awful, so what's the point?
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
            Just heard him on the FL show. Sorry Neil, but when your defenders are being constantly outnumbered by breakaways at pace for the whole game, that's a major managerial tactical error on your part. Their manager out-done you with pre-match praise. Live and learn.
            I agree the whole team were poor but the defence were shocking. They have had praise for their efforts so far this season now they have to take a bit of critisism. Gorrks cannot play that bad again, it isn't possible

Comment

i disagre

i disagree i think warnock does have the right to tear his defence apart,because that is his style of management,it is the way he gets the team to be unbeaten in 19 games,him and holloway both instill passion into the team by being passionate..............................THE REASON WE GOT OVER RUN WAS BECAUSE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR SIDES PICK UP VARIOUS STRAINS OF FLUE.......

and the watford god bless there little hearts played there little socks off,we at queens park rangers,are sportsmen and we were beaten fair and square,but now for the next game ..................LET US RIP THEM APART
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

he has every right to say that.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I think he's got it right Connolly & Gorkss looked like they had never played together and our midfield were non existant, allowing people to run past them, especially Derry & Faurlin, Adel went back to his bad self and only mackie and walker done ok. What I feel it did show up was our lack of pace! (other than walker). Hope this is not like last year When Leicester beat us on tv which showed all the others how to come and get a result

Comment

I thought Clint Hill and Kyle Walker both had pretty good games, it was the centre of defence that had a bad day. Gorksy and Connelly are generally fantastic in the air, coping with all crosses, but neither are very quick on the ground, especially Gorksy who is easily beat by a quick injection of pace. Seen it many times now and it worries me, they can't rely on professional man blocking tactics and get away with it every time.

Also, there was too much space between Derry and the centre backs and Watford expoited this space really well, quick passes on the ground into the front man. I thought we played quite deep generally, but maybe this is due to the awareness of our possible inadequacies to cope with the through ball. Derry wasn't having his best game, but Faulin had a shocker, and it got better when he went off.

Also I thought Kenny had a poor game, yes he stopped a few others but he might have done better with their goals. He could have come off his line to punch for the first goal, it was in the air a long time. With the second he was on his heels, and didn't anticipate quick enough, and he was too high so was nutmegged/ball under his body for the third.
                    Just my opinion, others make not agree.

Comment

I said this by the end of the first half, you can not blame midfielders and strikers when you have poor performance from defenders as against watford.
                      TaarabT Abdel

Comment

Well it makes a change from everyone going on about quality strikers.

We could have had Rooney and Drogba up front on friday, and still lost.
                        We lost that game in midfield and the middle of our defence.

Major off day.
                        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Don't think the defence was particularly woeful.

The problem was that Faurlin and Taarabt didn't bother to track back once, leaving the defence exposed to the two up front plus the runners from midfield.

No co-incidence that when those two were hauled off, the defence notably stiffened up.

Had all the hallmarks of thinking the game was won before playing.

Lesson learnt. Hopefully.

Comment

The defence as a whole was shyte on Friday night, but by the end of the game, I'd started covering my eyes whenever the ball came near either Gorks or Connolly.

Now, we all know Gorks is prone to lapses of concentration, and as a result he can make some very ****-poor mistakes, but Friday night's Connolly special should dispel some of the over-the-top descriptions of his ability.
                            Yes, Connolly is an alright player, not great, not one of the best we've ever had, just alright.
                            We'd all do well to remember that.

Comment

It was the back 4's fault. He's right in saying it, Gorkss and Connolly had shocking games, and if it wern't for kenny, Derry and Hill it could have been so much worse.
                              You won't improve by sympathising with them. They had poor games and need to realise it. And because we couldn't get it right in defence we had no fluency in our attacking play. A very poor overall performance and it's a shame that that's what the neutrals get to see but oh well, we move on now and get three points on saturday!
                              http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Comment

Working...
                              X