Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New stadium

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • WeAreQPR12
    C Club
    • Mar 2009
    • 23560

    #46
    Originally posted by Hoopaman
    I hope it's a bowl, otherwise it'll end in tiers..
    brilliant, just brilliant
    I played sunday league football today.

    Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

    I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

    We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

    Comment

    • silvercue
      Silver Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 4704

      #47
      Originally posted by stan_bowles
      Agree mate.

      People jump on the 'soulless bowl' bandwagon when the Madjeski is a great stadium.It's the fans that make a stadium soulless.And LR is pretty soulless many a game.
      Totally. Said many times on this board that Madjeski is exactly the type of stadium we should build if we move.
      twitter @silvercue

      soundcloud

      Comment

      • nuffieldranger
        Silver Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 2202

        #48
        a Mini would be nice i hate madjeski stadium
        Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

        Comment

        • houseofpain
          Apprentice
          • Mar 2009
          • 145

          #49




          or perhaps the Dallas Cowboys Stadium!!!!

          Comment

          • HammersmithR
            Gold Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 5537

            #50
            There was a ground in Italy that I thought was perfect for us.

            I would hate to have a Leicester, Derby and Southampton type ground.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

            Comment

            • qprjames
              Silver Seat
              • Mar 2009
              • 4353

              #51
              Originally posted by HammersmithR
              There was a ground in Italy that I thought was perfect for us.

              I would hate to have a Leicester, Derby and Southampton type ground.
              Me too. Could fit a running track around their pitches. Would like stands that are close to the pitch.
              Now, Then, Forever
              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

              Comment

              • houseofpain
                Apprentice
                • Mar 2009
                • 145

                #52
                The Stadium in Genoa?
                When Ireland played there during the 1990 World Cup, Frank Stapleton compared it to Loftus Road



                Comment

                • qprjames
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 4353

                  #53
                  Like the look of Bristols proposed new ground



                  Last edited by qprjames; 05-12-2010, 09:48 PM.
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

                  Comment

                  • Hoopaman

                    #54
                    Originally posted by houseofpain
                    The Stadium in Genoa?
                    When Ireland played there during the 1990 World Cup, Frank Stapleton compared it to Loftus Road



                    Nice, Dortmund have a similar one with a steep 'ellerslie road' stand.
                    Whatever happens I think everyone wants to the stands to be right on the touchline. Giving the lino and opposition some stick.

                    Comment

                    • qprjames
                      Silver Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 4353

                      #55
                      Originally posted by Hoopaman
                      Nice, Dortmund have a similar one with a steep 'ellerslie road' stand.
                      Whatever happens I think everyone wants to the stands to be right on the touchline. Giving the lino and opposition some stick.
                      Now, Then, Forever
                      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

                      Comment

                      • qprjames
                        Silver Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 4353

                        #56
                        I like this.....

                        Now, Then, Forever
                        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

                        Comment

                        • skranger
                          Silver Seat
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 1177

                          #57
                          The Genoa one is beautiful and would be perfect for us

                          Comment

                          • Lord Charles
                            Bronze Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 655

                            #58
                            Like the Estádio do Bessa but the filled in corners mean to get sightlines they have to keep the pitch a bit away from the stands



                            Base brief: No freakin' bowl !!! Four square to the pitch, seating through the corners, steep angles to keep you close, and just keep the stands tight to the pitch





                            Easy innit, in that case why have all the other new grounds got it so wrong and all the atmosphere of a library in a monastry?
                            Last edited by Lord Charles; 05-12-2010, 11:26 PM.

                            Comment

                            • QPRbob
                              Silver Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1515

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Lord Charles
                              Like the Estádio do Bessa but the filled in corners mean to get sightlines they have to keep the pitch a bit away from the stands


                              Base brief: No freakin' bowl !!! Four square to the pitch, seating through the corners, steep angles to keep you close, and just keep the stands tight to the pitch





                              Easy innit, in that case why have all the other new grounds got it so wrong and all the atmosphere of a library in a monastry?
                              Agree, but make sure the legroom is OK for us long legged fans.
                              Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------
                              https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

                              Comment

                              • Ellerslie
                                Silver Seat
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 1022

                                #60
                                I'm pretty sure that UEFA have a minimum distance guideline between the stands and the pitch. This will almost certainly mean that a new stadium will be built within these guidelines. Shame.

                                Comment

                                Working...