Don't mate! I'm old enough to have seen them support the Pistols! Although I was only 13 tbh.
I always thought the Clash peaked with the first album. At the time I couldn't've imagined the band that banged out London's Burning, Bored with USA and White Riot would end up doing nonsense (imo) like Rock the Casbah. Fact is I think Strummer reverted to the music he was more comfortable with toward the end. That was sort of pub rock/RnB. Saw him at early Glastonburys too. As a punter. Bit of a hippy on the quiet (him not me).
I always thought the Clash peaked with the first album. At the time I couldn't've imagined the band that banged out London's Burning, Bored with USA and White Riot would end up doing nonsense (imo) like Rock the Casbah. Fact is I think Strummer reverted to the music he was more comfortable with toward the end. That was sort of pub rock/RnB. Saw him at early Glastonburys too. As a punter. Bit of a hippy on the quiet (him not me).
Comment