Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

London Calling

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stanley75
    Silver Seat
    • Sep 2009
    • 1499

    #16
    Originally posted by rtone
    tune
    am old enough, lucky enough to have seen the clash live. R.I.P. Joe
    Don't mate! I'm old enough to have seen them support the Pistols! Although I was only 13 tbh.

    I always thought the Clash peaked with the first album. At the time I couldn't've imagined the band that banged out London's Burning, Bored with USA and White Riot would end up doing nonsense (imo) like Rock the Casbah. Fact is I think Strummer reverted to the music he was more comfortable with toward the end. That was sort of pub rock/RnB. Saw him at early Glastonburys too. As a punter. Bit of a hippy on the quiet (him not me).

    Comment

    • waterbuffalo
      Banned
      • Mar 2009
      • 3642

      #17
      thing that irritates me is on the radio, in the US and elsewhere, they only play -should I stay, Casbah, I fought the law, but they don't play lost in the supermarket or the dub, reggae stuff, which is the stuff I really like, they don't make em like the pistols and the clash anymore, or the boomtown rats, for that matter.

      Comment

      • DeepcutHoop
        Gold Seat
        • Dec 2009
        • 6965

        #18
        Originally posted by waterbuffalo
        a writer from the 20's
        the new york crowd,
        the algonquin table..
        And very, very funny. Recently read her New Yorker book reviews from the late twenties. Superb.

        Comment

        • waterbuffalo
          Banned
          • Mar 2009
          • 3642

          #19


          career opportunities

          Comment

          • waterbuffalo
            Banned
            • Mar 2009
            • 3642

            #20


            clash/snyder/81

            Comment

            • waterbuffalo
              Banned
              • Mar 2009
              • 3642

              #21
              this is England

              Comment

              • waterbuffalo
                Banned
                • Mar 2009
                • 3642

                #22


                billy english civil war
                the levellers
                Last edited by waterbuffalo; 06-12-2010, 09:36 AM.

                Comment

                • Fraggy
                  Administrator
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 9728

                  #23
                  Im in the #### end of nowhere & the local radio stations here play Londons calling at least once a day
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

                  Comment

                  Working...