No announcement yet.

Your opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have a great game just by neutralising your opposite number for the benefit of the team. For example, we all know ashley cole likes to get forward as often as possible. But if he's being pressured by the other fullback into playing defensive most of the game, then that player has had a result for the team, even if it looked as if he'd had a quiet game. Tactician readers understand this more than most of us.

Comment

Faurlin did some good stuff, but made some un-characteristic mistakes, so thought it was a long way from what he can do....I recall one incrediuble pass though.

MoM for me was Adel again (I know many will not share that view) - yes he gave ball away a couple of times, but his magic has won us another 3 points. Kenny does what he has to when needed also.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Faurlin had a quiet first half, but spent a lot of the 2nd half putting his foot in on plahers and winning the ball in midfield or breaking up their play. The ball was then breaking to other Rangers players for them to pass, so Faurlin didn't actually pass much himself.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
          Funny, as I thought Hulse didn't win anything in the air. Even Warnock said he was great in the air, but every 50/50 I saw he lost out on.

Funny old game.
          That's what i thought.For a big bloke he should win more high balls.

Heidar is far superior in the air to Hulse.

Comment

Hulse was man of the match IMO. smith worked hard with a great assist happy with his contribution.
            "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

It has to be seen as good news that there is no easy answer to this.

All performing well, and if even if not at their best, it is of a good enough standard to more than compete at this level...

Comment

For me Hulse was MOM he created the space for others to exploit, worked tirelessly.

Comment

I actually put Smith down as Man of the Match because he never stopped running. Tarrabt is a match winner, but his passes went astray in the first half. Not his best game, but don't really care as he cannot play brilliant every game

All players had a good game, but by his own standards thought Kyle Walker was caught out of position quite a few times.

All about opinions
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Agree Smith had a v gd game but so did Faurlin, second half he was there for every tackle wherever it was on the pitch. Really got stuck in and fought for the cause. Thought second half he was absolutely outstanding.

Comment

I thought Faurlin (or as Gubba called him Fraulin) had a very good game. Not his best but his influence on the side is massive. Yes he doesn't put the ball in the back of the net like a Kevin Nolan does but his vision, workrate, tackling ability and positioning is arguably the best in the division. Arguably, playing him and Derry means that others have to score more goals as a result but because of them we don't concede that many in the first place.

As for Smith, I think his delivery of the ball is the best at the club. His cross for Gorkss' goal with his left foot was superb and I just wish he'd take corners and long range free kicks because I believe this is one area we could massively improve from.

In fairness I didn't think either had their best games but both played well.

Comment

I watched the game 3 times, to be fair alll the players were good, but 3 men were outstanding and most deadly effective : Kenny, Adel and Derry.

Comment

Thought Faurlin did OK but not one of his best, picky git me

Smith is getting better with each game, hope nothing gets in the way of a permanent signing, or is that already sorted!!!
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                          X