Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people expect in the january window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    I'd say it depends on the state of the squad at the time and our league position. Last January Newcastle had a spate of defensive injuries so brought Hall and Williamson in. If we have something similar then Warnock will first of all look to strengthen in those areas. If we look set for promotion then Warnock might also want to bring players in can make the step up.

Right now, I'd say we need to secure Walker till the end of the season and bring in a left back not as Hill's deputy but one who is challenging for a starting position. Also another striker but a short speedy type like Martin Patterson to give us an alternative option up top.

Short speedy type: Robbie Keane on loan.
    Or Erik Huseklepp from Brann Bergen.!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I think NW will want to do the following

Extend Walkers loan to end of season
      Buy a midfielder in the ilk of Ambrose or Watson
      Buy a striker,someone from lower league like De Fondre would be good
      Complete perm signing of Tommy Smith

Sell Legs to Reading
      Loan a couple of youngsters out

I reckon we will get Walker until end of season and get Smith confirmed (that was apparent to me when he played at Pompey meaning its more or less done or he wouldn't have played). I think we'll get one of the other two but probably not both. Legs will do a solid job and we'll get £250k for him.

Comment

It already said on the official site that Smith would be a permanent in january,so that deal is already done

Comment

There's a young lad at Tranmere called Dale Jennings getting rave reviews - bits I've seen on local telly and chatting to some TRFC fans suggests he is the real deal. Thing is, such is his promise there are prem clubs watching him week in week out now. He's a devastatingly nippy wide player so I reckon he'd be a good target to go for.

Comment

im after some lovely fluffy slippers
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              Its well documented what i think we need this january,but rather than what people want,what do you expect to happen in the january window.NW has said he is happy with his squad and wont be bringing anyone in but He does say alot of things(eg,i wont be leaving palace to join QPR!),so i take that with a grain of salt.While i dont expect major movement in,i expect 2 new arrivals and that doesnt include the permanent signing of Smith.Think 3 or 4 could go.
              5 Moroccans, 4 Hungarians, 3 Argentinians, 2 Scotsmen, and a partridge in a pear tree..

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Its well documented what i think we need this january.
                Yeah bruv new double glazing and door rubbers would be best to save those pounds this winter.
                Мы Куинз Парк Рейнджерс лучшие команды в Англии!

Comment

I think it will depend largely on where we are in the League and Injuries & Suspensions.

If still Top, I suspect less inbound action. I've a hunch, NW still has some unspent funds in the kitty from the Summer. Not much, less than £1m, but possibly enough for a couple of incoming, maybe.

If, however, we've dropped into the Playoff places, I imagine NW will approach The Board for further funds. I would hope they will provide some backing for the long term gain. Possibly up to £5m.

In theory, Ramage may be our only long term injury, with Buzz & Cooky back.
                  But if we lose any between now and then, I'd expect replacements to be brought in. So who ?

Outbound -
                  Legs to Reading, if he proves useful to them. Undisclosed amount, but we'll speculate <£500k.
                  Oastler will leave, Exeter maybe, but South Coast likely. Free.
                  Vine, we'll offer him to pretty much anyone, but he'll probably still be on the gravy train until the Summer. Maybe another loan. 3 or 6 months this time.
                  Parker, on loan, somewhere cold and up North.
                  German, on loan. Probably his last chance to shine as it seems Dave, Clarke & Andrade are all now ahead of him for splinters.
                  Cook, I fear we won't see him in Hoops again. I forsee an short term loan in a bid to prove his fitness.

I expected to see the back of Borrowdale & Agyemang last Summer, but I suspect they are both seen as valuable squad members now by NW.

Inbound -
                  Walker, an absolute must. Priority to keep him until end of season if Harry can be persuaded. I'm hopeful, as Spurs are currently riding high and have survived a chronic injury list in defence without recalling him (or Naughton from Leicester).
                  Centre Back cover, We have 3 + Hill. Hall is injury prone, and suspension WILL happen. Not sure who, but I've gone right off St. Ledger since Saturday !
                  Striker. PLEASE. All promoted teams are top heavy with goalscorers. Le Fondre may be worth a gamble if he can be persuaded to move South.
                  But I'd prefer someone with proven quality at this or Premiership level - Roberts would be great, but he seems to be doing well at Blackburn.

If Legs leaves, and dependant on Mahon/Rowlands, we might see another Midfielder or Two, Watson ? Ambrose ? But being suggested still, but if it wasn't for Warnock, I suspect we'd be giving them little thought.

I guess it's all about ambition. Will we try keep ticking over with what we've got in the main, or will we speculate to accumulate ? Probably the former.

It might also be an indicator of who is holding the purse strings.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    If we do one deal it has to be to secure Kyle Walker for the season with a view to a perm if we go up.

He is 2 players in 1!!
                    Agreed, he must be the number 1 target, if its a loan or what.
                    Hes a super player
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                    X