No announcement yet.

How Important Is beating Cardiff City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Important Is beating Cardiff City?

Surely its just another game, whereby if we lose still have outstanding chance of promotion?

Or would you take a beating against any other club apart from Cardiff City?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

It is just another game but its the prestige of being top dog imo. If we do lose, we drop back to 2nd only a point behind, if we win we go 5 points clear of Cardiff but have won the psychological battle against them

Would hate to lose our record against them
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Surely its just another game, whereby if we lose still have outstanding chance of promotion?

Or would you take a beating against any other club apart from Cardiff City?
      If it was anybody else it wouldn't be to bad but with our history against Cardiff defeat would be hard to swallow for me I don't think it would damage our promotion hopes to bad as we would only be one point behind them but on the flip side a five point gap would be massive as were nearing the half way stage of the season. I would quite happily take our first defeat off of anybody else just please don't let it be Cardiff .

Comment

some will say the three points are just the same as from any other game, but it is about sending a message to the other teams.

Confidence and being top means teams will have a level of fear. It has worked at Old Trafford for years!
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
          It is just another game but its the prestige of being top dog imo. If we do lose, we drop back to 2nd only a point behind, if we win we go 5 points clear of Cardiff but have won the psychological battle against them

Would hate to lose our record against them

You've said everything there is to say and winning this game could mean everything, it will also show the world that we are the team to beat, unbeaten and 5 points clear.

We lose then no big deal as we have to lose at some point, we would have lost one game to Cardiff's three to four.

Come on Rangers!

Comment

Looked at objectively the jury is still out on who is the best team in the Championship out of Cardiff and QPR - so the spotlight will be on this game and whoever wins will become bookies favourites to win the title. A draw would be no disaster but losing wd dent the morale of players and fans alike; a win and the rest of the division will be even more terrified of us, which is almost worth a goal's headstart every game.

Comment

I think this will be a psychological boost to the players should they win this, they know it is the game everyone will be looking to see the result of, and Neil will remind them of that.
              I know it won't be the end if we lose but there is so much on this, be it our unbeaten record, staying top or just how much it will mean to our players and fans.
              Imo although we have been playing the same teams and getting different results, this is 1st v 2nd and is the real test - we could come out of this either in 2nd place a point behind the leaders no longer with an unbeaten run, or 5 points clear, still top and still unbeaten, i know what i would prefer.
              Psychologically a draw would be a victory for them, even though we would still be top.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

To open a gap would be a big boost to our confidence & burst their bubble a little bit as they think they are the dogs b******s it would also send a message to the chasing pack behind.

Comment

Draw would be fine with me

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Looked at objectively the jury is still out on who is the best team in the Championship out of Cardiff and QPR - so the spotlight will be on this game and whoever wins will become bookies favourites to win the title. A draw would be no disaster but losing wd dent the morale of players and fans alike; a win and the rest of the division will be even more terrified of us, which is almost worth a goal's headstart every game.
                    Agree with almost all of that.
                    The exception being the very first bit. We just need to show it on Saturday and then sit back and watch them panic like crazy in case Swansea pip them to second place

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Draw would be fine with me
                      same here, although A win would of course, give us some breathing space and also show our intentions for the rest of the season...

Im also worried we may slip at Hull!

Comment

It's about a lot more than 3 points and being top of the league IMO!

Comment

I think it takes real balls to stay at the top of the division. Plenty of teams will jog along nicely in the pack, maybe go an a nice little run and nibble our heels a bit. Thing is, once they get near the top they bottle it. Cardiff just haven't got the intestinal fortitude to stay at/near the top.... they go on a little hot streeak, hit the top for a week then start losing home games?! Blimey, they only actually managed one shot on target on Saturday. I therefore think beating them on Saturday will really get to them - 3 defeats against close rivals in a matter of weeks will really undermine them. For this reason I'd like to beat them and send them into a tailspin.

Comment

3pts is 3pts , but nice to have that good feeling of stuffing the Taffies
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

one of the biggest and importent games i think i will be able to say that i have seen since supporting QPR

so from the first season droped out of the prem

i personaly think this is bigger than the play off final against them

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Working...
                              X