Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much are you prepared to watch QPR play in the Premiership ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
    Prices will increase but to compare us to Arsenal is ludicrous. The emirates is a modern spacious stadium and their team is full of world stars. LR is outdated and we are unlikely to attract players of a similar stature.

Ticket prices are not the main factor why people choose to go or not. We all live on a budget and have varying amounts of disposable income. If going to the match really matters we adjust our spending elsewhere. If my ticket price was to increase by £10 a time, I might choose to drink Fosters instead of Stella and save the money that way. As I've said before on other threads, if you really want to go you can find the money.
    Not necessarily true.
    I don't drink or smoke, go to restaurants/cinema/theatre.
    Football is our sole social life.
    Hard to see where we could get the extra money from.
    Already tutor every night after school as well as full time work.
    And I'm sure there are other fans who are not in a position to "adjust their spending".
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice for the Club to do a Burnley and offer all current Season Ticket holders a free ticket next season to show appreciation for their loyalty.

With a £60m windfall for being in the Premiership, the financial clout of our owners and 20% increase on single game ticket prices and the sold out away end virtually every game, it would be possible.

But we all know that won't happen.

Prices will increase (25%) and what you get will decrease (19 games instead of 23, + the Carling Cup maybe). The standard and quality on display may be higher, but we'll likely not win anywhere near as many games.

The new arrivals will be outweighed by those no longer able to afford it AND Sky and will choose to watch most games from the comfort of their armchair, occasionally turning up when finances allow.

Comment

good post Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
          I see Arsenal are due to start charging in excess of £100 per game for an ordinary seat from January onwards.

If we get promoted a combination of increased away support and Johnny Come latelys will see our ground filled more often than not.

Season ticket holders will get first refusal but how far are you prepared to go to keep your seat ?

I dont think Arsenal fans are necessarily any richer than us so is there any reason as to why we cannot expect big increases.

Also, what would you think of the idea of playing some home games at Stamford Bridge, if it meant that the club could significantly increase revenue ?
          No to Stamford Bridge
          and 4 gazillion pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
            The thing about prem football is you can see the games streamed live on the net and watch most of everygame on football first on Sky. Whilst i always would rather be at the game anything over 40 quid would just not be worth it to watch any football game.
            yeah, if QPR get into the Premiership, we'll be all over the net, unlike now, so if I lived in London, (I live in Malaysia) I'd save my cash for Man U, Liv, ####, Chelski, Spurs, games like that.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
              yes becuase they reserve them for the games.

Phone them up and ask if you can buy a season ticket next year. You won't get one.

I would pay £5-10 more than now, max.
              Not the case - tickets for PL games have gone to general sale at the Emirates for every home game bar Spurs so far this season and you can purchase tickets for their CL games on the night.

If you're a red member - they'll sell you a season ticket. Guaranteed. Their "waiting list" is a monumental myth to drive demand. It doesn't exist. Check the ads for Club Level season tickets that scroll on the LED boards. It "invites" access to the waiting list but once you join, they're all over you like a rash trying to flog you one straightaway.

Comment

The only truth in waiting lists that is very true is anfield and Liverpool.

Arsenal have priced out dedicated followers whereas Liverpool haven't. 36 pound it cost me to watch liverpool and I thought that was VERY reasonable.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

They have 40,000 on the waiting list. Come available when Gold Members don't renew. Got nothing at all to do with ticket sales on the day as they reserve a lot of tickets, I have been there myself, so I know you can get into the ground.

You are right about Anfield being value. Same applies at other clubs away from London. Some season tickets at Man Utd are cheaper than at Loftus Road, even with their recent price increases over the last few years (think they are frozen now).
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                  X