Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much are you prepared to watch QPR play in the Premiership ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are you prepared to watch QPR play in the Premiership ?

I see Arsenal are due to start charging in excess of £100 per game for an ordinary seat from January onwards.

If we get promoted a combination of increased away support and Johnny Come latelys will see our ground filled more often than not.

Season ticket holders will get first refusal but how far are you prepared to go to keep your seat ?

I dont think Arsenal fans are necessarily any richer than us so is there any reason as to why we cannot expect big increases.

Also, what would you think of the idea of playing some home games at Stamford Bridge, if it meant that the club could significantly increase revenue ?

Originally posted by conners View Post
    I see Arsenal are due to start charging in excess of £100 per game for an ordinary seat from January onwards.

If we get promoted a combination of increased away support and Johnny Come latelys will see our ground filled more often than not.

Season ticket holders will get first refusal but how far are you prepared to go to keep your seat ?

I dont think Arsenal fans are necessarily any richer than us so is there any reason as to why we cannot expect big increases.

Also, what would you think of the idea of playing some home games at Stamford Bridge, if it meant that the club could significantly increase revenue ?
    I think about £40 would be the maximum I would pay though I would like it cheaper for the likes of Wigan and Blackpool etc

As for playing at Stamford Bridge I would rather eat my own turd then watch QPR play there for home games

Comment

Given that we've already lost a lot of fan,s due to recent increases taking our prices above some clubs already in the Prem, any additional significant price increases will lose us even more long-standing fans -- not through their choice, but because many of us are already stretched to breaking point to pay already. We can only afford it now because our season tickets are two disabled and two carers -- if my dad could walk and my daughter could see properly we wouldn't be able to afford to pay full prices.

The same fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thin, bucket collections, sponsored walks etc. (and I know some cynics will sneer at that, but those fans have given so much to the club and will inevitably be priced out if our owners do an Arsenal) will be the ones who will find they can no longer afford to watch their beloved R's -- and many of those are long-standing 2nd or 3rd generation fans.

The ground will be filled will richer Johnny-Come-Latelys, but at the expense of the heart-and-soul fan base -- exactly what has killed off the atmosphere at some Prem clubs.

I really hope our owners won't get greedy, but I fear they will follow the Arsenal model rather than the model of many Prem clubs who try to keep prices reasonable.
      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        I think about £40 would be the maximum I would pay though I would like it cheaper for the likes of Wigan and Blackpool etc

As for playing at Stamford Bridge I would rather eat my own turd then watch QPR play there for home games

Comment

If they can afford £100 per game then I would guess they must be significantly richer than many of us.
          I certainly can't afford that.

Comment

I see Blackpool are selling their tickets in bundles. £102 for Arsenal, Bolton and Wigan.

In comparison, Tottenham's cheapest ticket for a category A game is £44 per game.

I suspect, we would see significant increases.

Comment

£100 a ticket? Arsenal should be ashamed of themselves.
              I'd never ever pay that to go to a game, its a disgrace.

Comment

I do hope they keep the season tickets reasonable, however, the bundle idea and reintroducing categories would also be good ideas to ensure that season ticket holders are not the only ones having to come and watch the likes of Wigan.

Comment

I do hope they keep the season tickets reasonable, however, the bundle idea and reintroducing categories would also be good ideas to ensure that season ticket holders are not the only ones having to come and watch the likes of Wigan.
                  Blackpool model is far more fan friendly.
                  Arsenal are in a minority when it comes to pricing -- but Bernie is an Arsenal fan, isn't he? Or is he Chelsea? Either way, he'll follow their structure rather than Blackpool, I suspect.

Comment

Still strongly think if we get into the premiership, fans pay £30 or £40 for a ticket and it would sell out.

Trouble is, new fans will come through the turnstiles or fans who have not been for years
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The Football money bubble will eventually burst. I'm not prepared to pay more than £40 Per game, but if this did rise above £40 then i would just go and watch more England cricket in the summer. You can get a full days international cricket for around £50. I hear we pay more to watch is QPR than Foolham.

Comment

£30.00 or £600.00 for season ticket if its more then bye,
                        QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

As I live & breath ..... NO EFFING WAY would I pay to watch QPR at home in that 5hit-hole stamfart bridge!!!!!!!!!! Sever my right arm with a rusty saw and poke needles in my eyes is a far far better option any day of the week!!
                          R.I.P Steve Edwards, Neil Roberts & Trevor Kingham
                          Our "BROTHERS in HOOPS"

Comment

The smell of unwashed cu*ts in stamford bridge would be too much to bear.
                            If we went up and the club moved to that whoare hole then this would be my last season watching the r's.
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

the sad thing is 'footie' is being more and more alienated from the lifeblood of the sport........the ordinary working class fan......these ' middle 'income/soccer am/pringle eating twazzers who have suddenly jumped on the 'footie' bandwagon are sadly the type of fans most clubs want these days with their disposable income and starched shirts......hence why watching england has become almost cringeworthy with the mugs in face paint n jester hats.....the vast majority of working class cannot afford to waste 200+ quid a month following their team ane it is a very sad state of affairs....unless clubs address the outrageous salaries 'earned' by vastly over rated n hyped players the game imho is sliding into the abyss long term ......back to the question asked id pay £50 tops for the match day experience at lr in the prem....not being big headed i can afford it but id still not be taken for a mug if the product didnt warrant it!!!clubs need to offer family deals and cheaper tickets for lesser fixtures if they want to keep the 'real' fans on board!!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X