Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What About booing/Whistling Everytime A Cardiff Player Touches The Ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About booing/Whistling Everytime A Cardiff Player Touches The Ball?

I know that qprsteve has mentioned it and I think its a good idea. Sure as hell Cardiff would make it intimidating for us, or are we just going to allow cardiff to take over like we did Burnley? Yes Burnley

Sure if we got a campaign going we could make this work, if only for one game
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Maybe we could all sneak bottles in and when were done throw them emptys at the cardiff players heads?

But no seriously we need to make it a away day from hell for those cardiff players, the booing etc sounds good.
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

or get to the ground earlier and boo them from the moment they walk on the pitch for the warm up, shake them up before they even get mentally prepared for the game.

Comment

Dreadful idea in my opinion. Let's be positive and get behind QPR, not be negative towards the opposition without good reason.

Comment

Worth a go in my mind, it'll be a bit random and just might have the desired affect. However my only fear would be; if (or when) they score; you can just see their players running past us with a hand cupped to one ear.........could backfire or could be a lot of fun.

I really do fancy us to win, especially against the 'poor' run that we're allegedly experiencing.
            Last edited by Balders1967; 01-11-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balders1967 View Post
              Worth a go in my mind, it'll be a bit random and just might have the desired affect. However my only fear would be; if (or when) they score; you can just see their players running past us with a hand cupped to one ear.........could backfire or could be a lot of fun.

I really do fancy us to win, especially against the 'poor' run that we're allegedly experiencing.
              for play offs = not a poor run, great run.

for automaitc promotion = a poor run.

depends which one you want or expect, as to how you see the last few games.
              i have always expected automatic this season, so its a poor run to me, albeit an undefeated one.

Comment

Good Idea but What's welsh for Boo?
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                  Good Idea but What's welsh for Boo?
                  baa

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                    baa
                    Queens Park Rangers

Comment

I think we should cheer every time they get the ball because they are such a great side and need to be admired...

Comment

Maybe we could throw food bags full of dogshit at the players when thet get off the coach at 1300hours.

Comment

I've been using that statement as my signature for a while now, hoping that it might get a good airing. I couldn't find a better clip from youtube but the noise is right. Whisling is very intimidating, creates a hostile atmosphere for the away team, and it has a twofold effect.

In a recent international friendly after the world cup, between Argentina and Spain which I'm sure some of you must have seen, Spain started off playing their usual passing game. After a period of about maybe 20 seconds? the whistling started, gradually reaching what seemed like stadium capacity noise.

(We know all too well what disapproving groans and such do to our own players, I always feel sorry for legs now when he comes on and a few of his passes keep going astray, it must be horrendous coming from your own supporters. Obviously some people feel justified in slating him.)

So the away team are getting drowned in hostile intent, and the home team then feel galvanised into pressing as fast as possible in order to win possession back and the whistling stops until the next time they lose the ball. Not straight away but after an unacceptable spell of time. The world cup winners lost 4-1? Obviously being outside their home comfort zone didn't help much either.

Apparently it's a 100% undisputable FACT that home advantage is worth roughly just under half a goal. It works out about 2 goals extra in every 5 games. I think extensive studies were done between equally matched teams both home and away. Unless the away team is a very strong team, bookmakers will always make the home team the shortest price. Another fact. Home win percentage is always the highest group of result statistics in any league table breakdown.

Tomorrow night, A.C Milan are at home to Real Madrid in the champs league, and I would be very surprised if it was a quiet game with no whistling. It's very common for home support in certain leagues to always whistle the opposition.

For the first time ever on TV, MOTD on Saturday featured a game, (can't remember which one now) where the home support whistled the other team when in possession. For a first effort it was not as intimidating as on the continent, but it's a start and could well catch on very fast here after the TV exposure.

They've been doing it abroad for years, we're so stupid and slow in this country of adopting new ideas. And I bet everyone of you knows what reception teams get when they play in Turkey. Enough so that managers talk about it.

Yes of course it seems like it galvanises other players sometimes, Even Dwight Yorke acknowledged us after he got his hat-trick at HQ with burnley a short while back.

I know I'm waffling on a bit and stating the obvious, but I'm trying to paint a mental picture that we can all relate to. It costs nothing to do, and it should be done every home game, not just baadiff. It's intimidating, even for a small ground like ours. I'll have a token tenner bet with anyone, that if we can do it properly for just one game, (you may surprise yourself and enjoy it), that NW will publicly thank us for it.

Goals make points, and points win prizes.
                          Last edited by Olly; 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Booing will not put the ball in the net. How about we sign a striker of quality and out score teams, then no need to boo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              Booing will not put the ball in the net. How about we sign a striker of quality and out score teams, then no need to boo.
                              Did you not just read QPRSteves post, he's not saying that it will, from my understanding it's about intimidating the other team.

I'm for it at least some of the time, especially against the taffs (it will **** off their fans too).

Good post Steve.
                              Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Working...
                              X