Clint Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
    SPOT ON FELLA. This message board really is turning into a real joke! Before long it will be known as the laughing stock message board if it ain't that already. Hill's done sod all wrong all season and made 3 or more goal saving tackles or dives in front of the ball to stop a shot, but hey only on here will people start bitching and moaning about the guy putting the ball beyond row Z to clear his lines. This just sums up QPR as a whole. Too many idiots following the once great family club with frigging fickle minds. Hogan was poor all game, yet not one thread about him, Mackie's now has also missed six one on one's now in the last 5 games and Agyemang missed 3 very good opportunities to score on Saturday too but I won't get on their back because I have seen they can produce what I expect players wearing a QPR shirt to do (well everyone except Agyemang that is)! Still lets give our new left back some verbals because he booted the ball out the stadium.

:yush:
    As you've clearly highlighted there are some players who's performances haven't been great recently despite our continued unbeaten run and weareqpr12 and to a point me are saying that against Burnley Clint Hill didn't have a great match either. I can't talk for weareqpr12 but I'm delighted with the way the defence is performing but on Saturday Hill put himself under unneccessary pressure by often choosing to hoof the ball back to Burnley rather than either retaining possession by making a simple pass or putting the ball out which allows time for players to regroup.

IMO I don't think anyone is an idiot for having an opinion on a player's performance. Just in the same way I don't think anyone is an idiot for noticing Ephraim's recent form or realising that Walker didn't have his best game on Saturday. He didn't and nor did Hill.

As for the point about our attacking players lacking form I do completely agree however they can often only do what's best with the service provided. Too early on, on Saturday did we resort to long ball and only on a couple of occassions did we roll it out from the back and make triangle passes until we found space. The likes of Hill and the rest of the team need to go back to bring the ball out and getting the ball on the deck. On Saturday it just didn't happen and the likes of Hulse and Mackie rarely had the ball at their feet as a result. Attack starts from the back and defence starts from up top.

A fantastic start to the season but on Saturday it just didn't click hence why I think Hill has come into some criticism.

Comment

I thought DEFENSIVELY Walker was as good as normal.
      But going forward, he was less impressive, but more to do with not being required.

He didn't storm past defenders and cross or layback as he has in previous games. A shame as I feel this is a major part of his game and something we should try to utilise as much as possible instead of relying on Adel to split open defenses.

Walker & Smith down the right flank for 90 mins would be a huge threat.

Comment

Working...
      X