Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Hill

I thought he was utter pants on sat.

Yes clear it but under very little pressure he hoofed it off the pitch and on 1 occasion managed to hit Chiswick High st.

Walker is class its just a shame we don't have an attacking left back espically for home games when we should be attacking. Also is very glumsy and I expect him to give away plenty more penaltys throughout the season.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

As my dear old dad used to say "It's better 10 yards to your man than 50 yards to theirs" if only Clint Hill learnt that we wouldn't have to put ourselves under unneccessary pressure. He is solid and does a fabulous job to date but either stick it in Row Z or make a pass don't just hoof it back to the opposition.

Comment

i think the minute we start moaning about the best and most frugal defence we have ever had then we are in right trouble. seriously.

Comment

Hill's courageous efforts are half the reason why we have leaked so few goals.
        He flung himself head 1st into a screamer on Saturday, cant ever imagine any other player , maybe Gorrks would do that!!

Comment

Saying that, Hill is not good enough for the premiership, if that is where we will be next season.

Comment

Don't know whats in WeAreQPR12 original post but if this is moaning about our defence then really how can people take him seriously? Saturday was the first goal we've conceded at home all season and that was from the spot (which was never a penalty in a million years I will add) and not in open play. As GTP has said FFS guys come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
              Don't know whats in WeAreQPR12 original post but if this is moaning about our defence then really how can people take him seriously? Saturday was the first goal we've conceded at home all season and that was from the spot (which was never a penalty in a million years I will add) and not in open play. As GTP has said FFS guys come on...
              Original post basically saying he thinks Hill was pants on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                Hill's courageous efforts are half the reason why we have leaked so few goals.
                He flung himself head 1st into a screamer on Saturday, cant ever imagine any other player , maybe Gorrks would do that!!
                I am not talking about his passion,desire, commitment etc etc I am talking purely ability Jeffro. Plenty of league 1 and 2 players would be 1st into the tackle and showing 110% commitment but we need a little more than that and I think Walker has proven what a quality full back brings. I am just old enough to remember the attacking Bardsley and Clive Wilson and what they could bring to the plate.

Comment

See my post below last one weare, Bardsley and Willo were a luxury and I doubt we will ever see a set of full backs so talented down here again.
                  Clive Wilson should have had 40+ England caps. Fantastic player.

Comment

But do you see my point? For a team pushing for promotion clint hill is a very basic player. Yes part of his game is good but we need someone to offer more going forward. Walker tore norwich apart and I think we should look for better than Hill in January.

Comment

I do see your point, and we will need better in the premiership no doubt. Hill together as a group with KG,MC and KW will be good enough to get us promoted.
                      I love Kaspars but also think he will struggle in the premier league against clever thinking players like Van der Vart etc.

Comment

Instead of blaming Hill for the odd poor clearance, maybe you should look at the inept way the attacking players have performed. The defence as a unit are doing their job well, it's the forwards who are underperforming.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                          i think the minute we start moaning about the best and most frugal defence we have ever had then we are in right trouble. seriously.
                          I totally agree and this was the first time I've seen chinks in Hill's armour but his desire and commitment is second to none. I just wish he'd look to make the simple pass or hit the ball out of play rather than giving the ball straight back to the opposition. Of course Dazzer is right and it didn't cost us but by putting the ball out of play rather than giving it back to the opposition we have time to regroup. Against strong counter attacking opposition it one day could get us in trouble.

He's great and I'm glad he's on our side but Saturday wasn't his best performance and I think in fairness to weareqpr12 that's what he was trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                            Instead of blaming Hill for the odd poor clearance, maybe you should look at the inept way the attacking players have performed. The defence as a unit are doing their job well, it's the forwards who are underperforming.
                            SPOT ON FELLA. This message board really is turning into a real joke! Before long it will be known as the laughing stock message board if it ain't that already. Hill's done sod all wrong all season and made 3 or more goal saving tackles or dives in front of the ball to stop a shot, but hey only on here will people start bitching and moaning about the guy putting the ball beyond row Z to clear his lines. This just sums up QPR as a whole. Too many idiots following the once great family club with frigging fickle minds. Hogan was poor all game, yet not one thread about him, Mackie's now has also missed six one on one's now in the last 5 games and Agyemang missed 3 very good opportunities to score on Saturday too but I won't get on their back because I have seen they can produce what I expect players wearing a QPR shirt to do (well everyone except Agyemang that is)! Still lets give our new left back some verbals because he booted the ball out the stadium.

:yush:
                            Last edited by Dazzer1977; 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Dazzer,

I visit all messageboards and have to say they all have there fair share of whingers.

For the record, Walker was pretty non-existent Saturday. Though to be fair before that, he has been class
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X