thats i suppose

that is i suppose part of societies oddities
    this can be effected by certain commodities
    but in no way associated to ones idiasyncrazies
    but scarlet pimple brain is full of mysteries
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Any regular supporter at LR knows X Block is known for the undesirables who vacate the back few rows and their inappropriate chants.

The swearing issue is another matter. Anyone who has been to more than a few games knows what goes on and if you are bringing kids along you can choose to sit in an area suited to what you want your kids to be exposed to. When my lads were 5 and 6 we sat in the family stand, as they got older we moved to the lower loft and now they are older teenagers, we frequent R block or if its sold-out X Block.

In our family we have a rule that is 'what goes on at football, stays at football', I have brought my kids up to know right from wrong, what behaviour is acceptable in what social situation. Its all about your individual morals and standards.

Swearing is part of football whether we like it or not. If it offends you don't go. Its a choice.
      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

The loft is no better.

Bloke next to me was constantly abusing Ephraim until he got subbed. Thought I'd get some peace then but he immediately switched his vitriol to Hulse. Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan...........

I'm normally very calm but at one point I just felt like turning round and smashing his teeth in. Spolit the afternoon for me listening to him griping for 90 mins.

Comment

sorry guys - go sit in the family stand - that's what it is for.

The X Block at least made some noise this week, so can't compare to the Loft.

Yes, some of the songs are crude, but that's what football used to be about. Banter. We know the northerners don't really all live in slums...so why is it so offensive anyway?

Got no sympathy for people that complain about swearing at football....go and watch tennis instead. And before anyone compares chants about norherners with racism - they are a million miles removed.

It's called banter.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
            The loft is no better.

Bloke next to me was constantly abusing Ephraim until he got subbed. Thought I'd get some peace then but he immediately switched his vitriol to Hulse. Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan...........

I'm normally very calm but at one point I just felt like turning round and smashing his teeth in. Spolit the afternoon for me listening to him griping for 90 mins.
            I sit in upper loft and was moaning about Ephraim...

Dont think i had a go at Hulse though.

Still if it wasnt me the bloke was correct about Ephraim, he is useless.
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
              I sit in upper loft and was moaning about Ephraim...

Dont think i had a go at Hulse though.

Still if it wasnt me the bloke was correct about Ephraim, he is useless.
              Blimey small world. Toni was close to chinning you Daveyboy , although I agree Hogan did nothing.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A side to that i have a take on this...

Football is a working mans game traditionally we all know this, but things have changed the past 20 years and its totally different, thats not to say the working man has stopped going there just being outnumbered.

The family stand is there for a good reason, use it. The likelyhood is wherever you sit in Loftus road your gonna have someone near or around you that likes a shout and swear, id be totally lieing if i said i didnt let off some steam at the football.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Blimey small world. Toni was close to chinning you Daveyboy , although I agree Hogan did nothing.
                  No violence needed, i would have just swore at him till he cried.

Comment

lol quality
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Bloke infront of me simply told his little boy that Chris Eagles is a Anchor butter fan!

Comment

Working...
                      X