No announcement yet.

If Jim Magilton Gets Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will give him my full backing and will watch pre-season games with great interest.

Those games must show us something to expect.

Comment

:anger::anger::anger::anger::anger::anger::anger:: anger::anger::anger::anger::anger::anger::anger::a nger::anger::anger::anger::anger::anger::anger:

Comment

Will Briatore give Magilton time if after 15 games we aren't in the top 6?

Will Briatore trust a man who has already spent £12m with another club and failed to be a success with his money this time?

Will Magilton take a weaker squad of players and less money then he had at Ipswich and turn them into a top 6 team? If he couldn't do it at Ipswich why should he do it with us?

In answer to the original question I would feel confused. If we were looking for a manager who knew the league and was relatively successful in this league then why did we sack Dowie? Magilton's teams may play better looking football but if the end product (i.e. results) is no better then why would we appoint him.

Comment

gutted

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
            Guaranteed to split fans between different messageboards as one will set their stall out and say he is the new Messiah and another will claim he is the anti Christ.

Deciding which way has not been declared yet as it depends on Giannis involvment or not.

If he has nothing to do with the appointment then some will say he is the best thing since sliced bread and if he is involved then some will call for him to sacked before the season even starts.

Thats the sad state of affairs at the club right now.
            I think everyone knows that your puppet-master has no say in this decision. If Magilton is appointed, it shows the true lack of knowledge, ambition and desire from Flabio.
            QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

If we were looking for a manager who knew the league and was relatively successful in this league then why did we sack Dowie?

sirpie, good point.

I'd go further and say if we are seriously thinking of getting Magilton, then we should have stuck with Gregory in what seems a lifetime ago when the owners took over.

Captain Clunge, I don;t say this often if ever.. but you are a complete tool
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I would actually feel okay. I would give the guy a chance like I do whoever is in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                  I would actually feel okay. I would give the guy a chance like I do whoever is in charge.
                  fairplay,dont think jim would be that bad a choice.would love to see curbs at the helm though
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Disapointed but we cant go into the first game and start booing so he will get my full support, but yes disapointed.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

your right, but even the most ardent-passionate fan is going to find it very difficult.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

nope-i will support the manager-whoever it is

Comment

nope-i will support the team, whoever the manager is.
                          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

me too, but not sure he should be buying players

agilton was appointed in June 2006 and after being handed £12million to spend on players by new owner Marcus Evans was expected to challenge for promotion this season.

Magilton had been under fire from Ipswich fans for the majority of the season after a lack of progress on the field despite spending heavily on new players like David Norris, Jon Stead and Veliche Shumulikoski.

Comment

split opinions, im sure all rs fans wouldnt exactly be thrilled to get a manager who has failed to get ipswich into the playoffs and been sacked.

We will never get a decent manager until flav guarantees 2 years and no interference.

thats why some one like magilton (and Sousa) would take the job

Comment

Completly deflated and let down AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                                X