Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hogan Ephraim - (sir Pie may confirm this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogan Ephraim - (sir Pie may confirm this)

Wont get dropped.

Am I right in saying has started every single competitive game since Warnock took over??, so those of you who want him out; aint gonna happen.

Cant see him dropping Taarabt either, Warnock likes a settled side.
    Only change I see is Hulse in for HH.

He has featured in every game under Warnock but didn't start against Derby at the end of March last season. He came on as a late replacment for Jay Simpson.

Comment

But in response to the point being made I doubt he'll get dropped until we lose our first match. As I said in another thread earlier if Warnock changes the team and we lose he'll get more grief then keeping an undefeated side together which finally loses.

Comment

So he has started 13 games this season and 14/15?? last season??

He wont get dropped !

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
          So he has started 13 games this season and 14/15?? last season??

He wont get dropped !
          Warnock has been in charge for 25 league matches and Ephraim has started 24 and appeared as sub in the other.

Comment

He must see more in him than certain others do (including, I must admit, me).

Re the broader point of changing a winning team I think there is a happy medium - Magilton was a Benitez style tinkerer and it didn't work but just because a team remains unbeaten it doesn't mean that every component of it is playing to its best so I wd go for the odd judicious change but maybe Warno feels that a cammaraderie and team spirit has built up on our long run and that any changes might endanger that - guess we have to respect his judgement/ greater knowledge on the subject.

Comment

Kinda funny talking about not changing a winning team when we have drawn our last three games and without a last gasp goal against Palace, would have drawn the last five games.
              Last edited by paulmason; 25-10-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I don't think many (if any) on here are suggesting that the team should remain unchanged. Most I think would like tommy smith and hulse given a go.
                But I have to say, saying "without a last gasp goal against Palace" is unnecessarily negative....you could start saying "if" about every game and we'd should have been on "zero" points "if....blah blah blah".

Comment

James1979 - How would you describe the two goals against Derby ?

Comment

Im wondering if Warnock is starting to see that Smith is a better player. He came on pretty early in the Bristol game, so maybe his time has come

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                      Im wondering if Warnock is starting to see that Smith is a better player. He came on pretty early in the Bristol game, so maybe his time has come
                      I'm wondering why it's taken him so long to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        Kinda funny talking about not changing a winning team when we have drawn our last three games and without a last gasp goal against Palace, would have drawn the last five games.
                        This could be said about many games this season. The hardest thing against Bristol City was getting the first. If that would of happened sooner the flood gates would of opened. We were the better team but got only a point. Doncaster at Loftus Road were the better team and still lost 3-0. Baring a bit more luck in front of goal and we would of won on Friday night. Key fact is we are still unbeaten. Another fact is a team who doesn't conceed many goals normally knocks on the door of promotion. Personally I'd prefer to win two and lose one every three games. Confidence is still very high at the minute. It will be interesting how we react to a defeat and how quick we bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          I'm wondering why it's taken him so long to see it.
                          i dont think its been a case of him not knowing. I just think the team as a whole has been doing so well, why change it? But with things starting to slow down slightly, maybe Hogan is being shown to be one of the slightly less effective players

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            All totally hypothetical but wouldn’t be surprised if some of the following applies to Warnock’s thinking:

Ok, so you’re the boss and the team you’ve picked from basically match 1 (with the exception of the forced changes due to injury) remains undefeated after 10 matches having won 8 and drawing 2. Team spirit is unbelievably high and you have the tightest defence in the football league. Further to this your lead at the top is 7 points so you pick that team to play in match 11. You remain undefeated but the performance wasn’t great and if it hadn’t been for a missed penalty you could have lost. So what do you do? Change the side or give those who’ve got you to where you are another chance? So you pick the same side and once again the performance isn’t that great but a point away from home can’t be too bad a result can it? Is it worth giving these same players another go or should you freshen things up? Match 13 and you decide whilst you aren’t scoring so freely at the moment the defence is tight and that a point away from home again won’t be too bad a result if it happens. Despite a slightly more encouraging performance the results reflects yet more dropped points however the rivals in the play off places keep losing as well. The gap between you and them remains at 6 points as it has now for 3 games. With a home game coming up against a team who’ve conceded 7 in their last 2 matches do you feel that those players who’ve still not lost you a game, who have created a club record, have still the tightest defence in the football league and are the (joint) highest scorers in the division deserve one final chance or do you change a few things? Make changes and win and your changes will be applauded. Make changes but lose and the team spirit which you’ve fought incredibly hard to build starts to dwindle because whoever is dropped will want to know why especially on the back of a bad result.

Comment

What you do as the imaginary manager, Sir Pie is;nothing apart from b1tch about players and question our boss, thats what you do!! (Not you btw) ha ha
                              Last edited by Jeffro; 25-10-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X