The Need For A Striker..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Need For A Striker..

After drawing another blank up front albeit a good away point we have now failed to hit the net in 3 games from the last 4 with 2 of those being at home is it time for Neil Warnock to enter the loan market for a decent striker?

Jamie Mackie & Heidar Helguson have been superb for us but they cannot do it all, all the time. Rob Hulse will be fit god knows when & Patrick Agyemang & Leon Clarke are not the best of back ups.

To rub salt further in the wounds Leicester City are about to sign Darius Vassell & are contemplating a move for Jason Roberts.

I think we need someone in to take the pressure off of our first choice front 2.

Why dont you look at another clean sheet and a good away point rather than the negatives ? We cannot and will not score or win every game, tonight is a very very good result.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Why dont you look at another clean sheet and a good away point rather than the negatives ? We cannot and will not score or win every game, tonight is a very very good result.
      Did you even bother to read my post? Try reading it again.

Here's a reminder; After drawing another blank up front albeit a good away point

Jamie Mackie & Heidar Helguson have been superb for us but they cannot do it all, all the time.

I think we need someone in to take the pressure off of our first choice front 2.

Is that unfair points???
      Last edited by Ric-Roc; 19-10-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

He wasn't saying anything to criticise the defence but he was making a valid point about the strike force. Mackie and Helguson have been brilliant but as he says Agyman and Clarke are just not good enough, even as back up.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          He wasn't saying anything to criticise the defence but he was making a valid point about the strike force. Mackie and Helguson have been brilliant but as he says Agyman and Clarke are just not good enough, even as back up.
          Stainrod you get some that try and make high & mighty statements when really they should read then digest the words they are commenting on first.

Wouldn't mind if I'd slagged the lads off or moaned about the result but nope I didn't so what does that say about Kit.

Comment

Hulse and Smith will gets goals when picked, be cool, it's all good, 3 points Friday job done, Fraulin back, Hulse near fitness, Smith knocking at the door.

I will reserve judgement on Clarke until he has played a few games for us.

PS: No legs in the squad, good days!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

we are not really creating much for the strikers to feed on

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                Hulse and Smith will gets goals when picked, be cool, it's all good, 3 points Friday job done, Fraulin back, Hulse near fitness, Smith knocking at the door.

I will reserve judgement on Clarke until he has played a few games for us.

PS: No legs in the squad, good days!
                Well said Cali. Here's hoping.

Originally posted by m_cooper View Post
                we are not really creating much for the strikers to feed on
                Thats actually a very good point that has been overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  Stainrod you get some that try and make high & mighty statements when really they should read then digest the words they are commenting on first.

Wouldn't mind if I'd slagged the lads off or moaned about the result but nope I didn't so what does that say about Kit.
                  It says I am very happy with a 0-0 draw and don't want any loans in, they are not the way forward. Smith and Hulse are quite adequate cover and we will start scoring again.

Comment

After drawing another blank up front albeit a good away point we have now failed to hit the net in 3 games from the last 4 with 2 of those being at home is it time for Neil Warnock to enter the loan market for a decent striker?

Jamie Mackie & Heidar Helguson have been superb for us but they cannot do it all, all the time. Rob Hulse will be fit god knows when & Patrick Agyemang & Leon Clarke are not the best of back ups.

To rub salt further in the wounds Leicester City are about to sign Darius Vassell & are contemplating a move for Jason Roberts.

I hav been screaming for a decent striker fo the past 2 years,and YES if we had one we could have won on saturday and tonight,despite this being a decent draw

Comment

It says I am very happy with a 0-0 draw and don't want any loans in, they are not the way forward. Smith and Hulse are quite adequate cover and we will start scoring again.
                      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Kit but as it stands, their is no date on a return for Hulse & Smith is available every single week and is not getting a look in & when he does its from midfield. Way forward or not Warnock didn't hesitate signing Walker did he? Or would you be happy for us to keep firing blanks?

Mackie works his socks off every game & Helguson is no spring chicken they can't do it all.

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Kit but as it stands, their is no date on a return for Hulse & Smith is available every single week and is not getting a look in & when he does its from midfield. Way forward or not Warnock didn't hesitate signing Walker did he? Or would you be happy for us to keep firing blanks?

Mackie works his socks off every game & Helguson is no spring chicken they can't do it all.
                        Only time will tell, I see no bad news, I see 9 clean sheets which is unbelievable. If we crash and fall due to lack of strikers, then I will tip my hat to you but I don't believe we will crash and fall, it will be a rollercoaster yes but clean sheets = points and the goals will return.

Comment

Surely Hulse can't that far off now otherwise how the hell did he pass a medical and more importantly why we would sign him if he was months away from fitness!

Comment

Only time will tell, I see no bad news, I see 9 clean sheets which is unbelievable. If we crash and fall due to lack of strikers, then I will tip my hat to you but I don't believe we will crash and fall, it will be a rollercoaster yes but clean sheets = points and the goals will return.
                            Your very dramatic kit are you an actor or a drama teacher?!

Who mentioned bad news? Not me

Crash and fall?! Nope

Clean sheets-outstanding but we also need to score goals, dunno if you noticed but Cardiff won again thats just 2 points between us now, Warnock being able to change our front 2 in the last 4 games could of reaped rewards.

As I said no complaints from me would just like to see the pressure off of Mackie & Helguson thats all.

Comment

there will be changes friday,i expect smith to start and maybe aggy for hh.derry and hill maybe rested;not sure who will replace them 2 though,maybe connolly at lb and orr at rb and walker in midfield

Comment

Working...
                              X