Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only with a good no.2 otherwise no.

Comment

Better than the other names I have heard mentioned.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Hi everyone.

First post here!

First of all great post by W12_Ranger.

Must say i completely agree with you mate. As much as i personally hate doing so - we have to be honest and admit we ARE NOT a big club. Over the last few years we have at best been no better than a mid table CCC side. The likelihood of us attracting a "top name manager" is pretty slim IMO. Its almost laughable to hear the likes of Sven and Big Phil being touted as possible candidates. We too small a club for the likes of those 2 (ok maybe Sven but only we gave him £150 million to spend!).

I honestly believe that Vialli would not be the worse appointment by any means. For a start as a player and a manager he has been successful at the top level (Watford aside but every coach has a bad period on his CV). He is a more realistic choice than Sven, Big Phil and the silly previous rumours of Zidane and Figo once banded around.

Vialli at least has a record of success, has a good knowledge of the game and obviously has many contacts that would prove useful. I also feel he would be one of the very few characters who would be able to cope with the unorthodox set up QPR have and the interference from GP and Flav. I hope if he is in the running then it can be looked at positively because someone like Vialli would not be interested in the job at W12 unless he had been promised the money and freedom to bring the players in that he wanted.

He is certainly a better option than others reputedly being interviewed. Especially with the right back room staff around him. As for him being an ex Chelsea player.... Terry Venables, John Hollins, David Webb and more recently Gavin Peacock and Furs to name a few. Some of them turn out ok for us! ;)

Ps. Great forum.

Comment

Originally posted by reidy5557 View Post
          Hi everyone.

First post here!

First of all great post by W12_Ranger.

Must say i completely agree with you mate. As much as i personally hate doing so - we have to be honest and admit we ARE NOT a big club. Over the last few years we have at best been no better than a mid table CCC side. The likelihood of us attracting a "top name manager" is pretty slim IMO. Its almost laughable to hear the likes of Sven and Big Phil being touted as possible candidates. We too small a club for the likes of those 2 (ok maybe Sven but only we gave him £150 million to spend!).

I honestly believe that Vialli would not be the worse appointment by any means. For a start as a player and a manager he has been successful at the top level (Watford aside but every coach has a bad period on his CV). He is a more realistic choice than Sven, Big Phil and the silly previous rumours of Zidane and Figo once banded around.

Vialli at least has a record of success, has a good knowledge of the game and obviously has many contacts that would prove useful. I also feel he would be one of the very few characters who would be able to cope with the unorthodox set up QPR have and the interference from GP and Flav. I hope if he is in the running then it can be looked at positively because someone like Vialli would not be interested in the job at W12 unless he had been promised the money and freedom to bring the players in that he wanted.

He is certainly a better option than others reputedly being interviewed. Especially with the right back room staff around him. As for him being an ex Chelsea player.... Terry Venables, John Hollins, David Webb and more recently Gavin Peacock and Furs to name a few. Some of them turn out ok for us! ;)

Ps. Great forum.
          SPOT ON

The more I read and think about Vialli-the more it makes sense

Comment

No made some horrible mistakes at Watford , don't let him near the transfers either check out how much he spent at Watford and who he bought.

Comment

yep . i think he`ll do ok
              WE ARE QPR

Comment

would be ok with him,alot worse mentioned recently.he speaks perfect english as well,hell i would take him.

Comment

cant agree, his errors at watford led them to some real big problems. he will need alot of money to get his own team and that just wont happen, i dont see him as a "great tactical" mind so he just isnt wat we need. i dont want no big name, sven scolari can do one. venables is one of my favourite choices but i feel he is unrealistic therefor id be happy with jewell, coppell or boothroyd.
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                    cant agree, his errors at watford led them to some real big problems. he will need alot of money to get his own team and that just wont happen, i dont see him as a "great tactical" mind so he just isnt wat we need. i dont want no big name, sven scolari can do one. venables is one of my favourite choices but i feel he is unrealistic therefor id be happy with jewell, coppell or boothroyd.
                    Not sure how you can disregard vialli for mistakes, yet tout Jewell who in a similar way enjoyed relative success early in his managerial career, yet made horrific errors at Derby, wasted loads of money on shocking signings... Robbie Savage anyone!! They were utterly abysmal, not only in their relegation year but for ages in the Championship also. I think he has bigger issues also...

Personally i would be very happy with Vialli, and i think a proven number 2 would be the dream ticket with Poyet the obvious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      No made some horrible mistakes at Watford , don't let him near the transfers either check out how much he spent at Watford and who he bought.
                      Ok fair point but all managers make signings that don't work out. Look at he shite Benitez has bought over the years! You only have to look at the Premiership to see that most managers have gone through a period of getting their transfers wrong. Even Fergie, Harry etc.

Even recently our very own ex Dowie got castigated for his signings at Charlton, after working miracles at Palarse. We have to be realistic and realise that there are very few managers who haven't had bad spells at clubs. Those who haven't wouldn't want to come here anyway.

Everyone knows the mess Watford were left in after his departure but I believe its the managers job to highlight players he wants and its the Chairman and the Boards responsibility to make sure the an acceptable fee is paid and that a sensible wage is offered.

If not Vialli then who? Its finding someone suitable who WANTS the job! I'd prefer Curbs but he wants a bigger club and he wouldn't stand for Flav and GP sticking their oar in. Obviously only my opinion!

Comment

No way

Comment

nope
                          We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

I'd give him a go.

Comment

look what he did to watford.

Comment

NO! Forget about bloody foreigners
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X