No announcement yet.

Warnock: I would have taken Palace to the Premier League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His comments do ruffle some feathers, but he did not have to leave Palace, he wasn't forced out. He chose to leave to join us. He could have stayed there and saved them from relegation last season, but he chose to abandon ship just when they needed him the most. I don't think he has as much loyalty to Palace as some people think, he probably does feel some guilt, which goes some way to explain his comments.

Comment

Think you´re right.

Comment

we would`nt be where we are without NW and the players he`s brought in and wot he`s got out of the players we already had..we should thank our lucky stars that we have him....he likes playing mind games and thats all his comments are!...like he said during the week, he`s never enjoyed managemant as he is now and that speaks volumes!

Comment

It could also be a small olive branch to Simon Jordan as they never really patched up their differences.

Comment

He wouldn't have come to us if CP hadn't gone into administration. He clearly had an affinity with the club and was genuinely attached to the people there; players, supporters, staff and chairman.

Circumstances have landed him in our hands and we are benefitting. He is enthusiastic, ambitious, professional, passionate and a fantastic man manager. We can all see the pleasure he is taking in building this side and the bonds that he is forming with all the people at Rangers.

I think that it is petty and churlish to feel upset when he mentions his past with fondness. Its like your partner getting in a tizzy if you mention a past relationship. Warnock is ours. He's going to get us promoted and is building a team to be proud of.

I don't give a fig if he mentions any of his past clubs. He's doing the business for us.

Comment

Agree acriketer. The interview also highlights that NW by nature is a loyal person (which bodes well for us) e.g. the time he was at Sheff Utd and was offered the Chelsea job, but turned them down out of loyalty to Sheff Utd, then 6 months later they sacked him.

Comment

I don't think a manager of an opposition club has ever talked so much about us in the run up to a game as NW has done this week! Seems like there has been constant stories! Either he is feeling sorry for us (which we don't need) or he is trying to appease the Palace fans (which won't change our opinion of him).

Last year alot of Palace fans respected him when he came back to Selhurst with your lot. Now opinion of him has changed since the whole Ambrose/Speroni business. Clint & Shaun will get a good reception though
                Last edited by Scrumpy_cpfc; 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X