Glad we're not in the Cup tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad we're not in the Cup tonight?

As much as I'd love a cup run I'm still very happy the lads have a chance to take a well-earned breather and stay focused on the main event. That's the rational argument at least, but then are cups really about what's rational? We missed out on a tie with Fulham last round, and if we'd won that, Stoke away this round. What do you reckon?
    Yep, waste of time
    84.62%
    No, a cup is a cup
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Delighted.

Let Burnley have a local ding-dong with Bolton's reserves, and Millwall & Ipswich kick ten shades of shite out of each other... while we rest up.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

yeah I'd take the league any day.
      concentrate on promotion, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
        Delighted.

Let Burnley have a local ding-dong with Bolton's reserves, and Millwall & Ipswich kick ten shades of shite out of each other... while we rest up.
        Echo
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

would love a cup run, but the big teams de-valued this trophy and then the average teams start putting out weakened sides too. this cup is now a joke and should be just scrapped. so yeah very happy we are not involved

Comment

Would not have played Fulham if we would have won. Kept apart by seeding.

Comment

We are picking up injuries left, right and centre at present.

Very glad we never progressed even if we would have got Fulham, league is far more important.

Comment

Not interested in this cup at all. We were never going to win it so why go through the motions picking up injuries & tiredness?

I bet by bottom dollar that their is managers tonight wishing they were not in it at all.

All about the league & preserving our squads energy & fitness.
                Last edited by Ric-Roc; 21-09-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

so pleased. after the excertions on Saturday and three fixtures in 7 days which will all be all hard fought losing to PV was a blessing in disguise. It gives the likes of Hill, Mackie and Helguson a well earned rest and gives time to Faurlin, Rowlands, Hall, Orr, Clarke and Hulse a chance to get themselves fit and ready for the onslaught.
                  oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Seems unanimous then. Would we still all say the same if it was the FA Cup I wonder?

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Not interested in this cup at all. We were never going to win it so why go through the motions picking up injuries & tiredness
                    I know what you mean but I imagine we "weren't ever going to" do well in 1967 or 1981 either.

Comment

Not quite unanimous. I love it when we win, hate it when we lose, and I love to watch QPR play as often as possible. I understand it might help to have a rest before a particularly busy week, but I didn't hear anyone cheering when the Port Vale goals went in. OK, we'd have been seeded and not playing Foolham. But who knows who we'd have got in this round or the next.

Comment

Yup, never gonna win it so whats the point, pointless matches we dont need.
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Im glad now, purely because we are top of the league and we are playing teams around us still in the cup. Surely this goes for us?

Comment

May I wish Cardiff and Ipswich a really dirty game with loads of injuries and a few sendings off for the Taffs
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

so there's no point in (hopefully) playing premier league football next season? i mean, we're not going to win it, so what's the point?

Comment

Working...
                              X