Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would being in the prem mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been waiting for 14 years to start collecting stickers again...

Getting a QPR shiney.

lol.
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Yep...

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      I personally would miss the Championship if in the Premier League, its a fantastic league, its a shame you have to leave it behind to play in the so called best domestic league in the world.
      I actually agree with that.

It's human nature to want to better yourself, and I would be over the moon if we were promoted.... but, I would be happier with the actual achievement of being promoted, than I would with the reality of being a Prem Club.

Much of that is due to the media, and the way you are patted on the head by journos and commentators for daring to cross the half way line against clubs who we have gubbed in the past.
      It's like football didn't exsist before 1991... and the way teams almost have an open-top bus parade for finishing 4th top... or 4th bottom, doesn't sit well with me.

That's just my cynical view, but I'd still be delighted to see my kids finally support a "top flight" side.
      I've had that pleasure for many years - they never have.

Long way to go yet though... we won 7 on the spin in this league a few seasons back after beating West Ham 1-0... and still got nowhere near the play-offs that season.
      Last edited by Goddard; 21-09-2010, 01:00 PM.
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Prawn sanwiches, Vol-u-vonts, Total football, More TV games, and a partridge in a pear tree!

Comment

Stupid kick off times, expensive tickets, but giving it to your mates who support Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal etc would be well worth it. QPR beat these for fun in the past and they will again.

Comment

In all seriousness, Thats what we all really want.

Comment

Agree with Goddard and w12. The Championship to me is a much better league. By it's nature there has to be a different winner each season and 6 new teams which freshen the league year on year. Unlike the Premiership, the newly promoted sides actually have a chance of competing when they are promoted from the league below. The Championship IMO is like the Old Division 1. I'd definitely miss it.

Comment

to me it would mean less football on a saturday. extortinate season tickets and away ticket prices; being on the plastic premiership gravy chain and all that would entail. pissing around in mid-table if we're lucky with never any hope of breaking into europe.
                personally, i have zero interest in the premiership. i would love to see us win promotion this season but then happy to be a yo yo club or have a day in the sun and then back to the championship. i can't tell you how much i HATE the premiership and everything that goes with it

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  Agree with Goddard and w12. The Championship to me is a much better league. By it's nature there has to be a different winner each season and 6 new teams which freshen the league year on year. Unlike the Premiership, the newly promoted sides actually have a chance of competing when they are promoted from the league below. The Championship IMO is like the Old Division 1. I'd definitely miss it.
                  Even with our backers I don't think we'd upset the apple cart we are simply not big enough as a club.

In the next 5 years I hope to see changes to way football clubs are run at the top, salary caps, home grown rule for players in starting 11 etc, you know the sort of measures which would bring a bit morality back to the game, it has got to give sooner or later.

Comment

it means i can walk around in a qpr shirt knowing that we are back were we belong

this is our time!

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                      Different winners don't make it a better league. The standard in the Champ is far, far worse. It is not a better league. Dp you also suggest that a pub league that has many different winners over the years is better than The prem..? Because that is the point you are making.

Not only that but the Champ will be getting far less competetive with the increase in parachute payments now.

The club must be all that they can - that means the Prem first - then beating the likes of Utd, Chelsea etc. It can happen.

It would mean everything. QPR are a small club and I am sick of everyone where I live (not in London) supporting Man U, Livererpool and now Chelsea. Spoilt little *****. I just want to stick it up those type of fans...that's what it is all about. And away games at great London Stadiums. Shame we won't play West Ham as they will pass us on the way down!
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Even with our backers I don't think we'd upset the apple cart we are simply not big enough as a club.

In the next 5 years I hope to see changes to way football clubs are run at the top, salary caps, home grown rule for players in starting 11 etc, you know the sort of measures which would bring a bit morality back to the game, it has got to give sooner or later.
                        but it won't ever be that, which is why i have rapidly fallen out of love with the game in this country, and why i'd much rather be playing the championship, about as real a league as you're gonna get in this country. **** the premiership, **** rooney and terry, and sky and the plastic fans, and the £12 hot dogs, and the media love affair with certain clubs. ******** to all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by baille funk View Post
                          but it won't ever be that, which is why i have rapidly fallen out of love with the game in this country, and why i'd much rather be playing the championship, about as real a league as you're gonna get in this country. **** the premiership, **** rooney and terry, and sky and the plastic fans, and the £12 hot dogs, and the media love affair with certain clubs. ******** to all of it.
                          Cheerful. Why bother with the game then? There are other sports you could get into.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by baille funk View Post
                            so you wont be coming to QPR any more if we do go up? after all, we would be a prem team.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

baille you sound like a man with some serious issues.

Anyway regarding promotion this season it means EVERYTHING!
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

W12 that is the most sensible post I have ever read from u. I go along with ALL of that and when your not trying to rib and make bad jokes, you really do talk a hell of alot of sense. Keep it up.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X