Tough Times Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Times Ahead

Personally, I have been telling people who say to me this is QPR's year and you can go all the way that if we are top after 10 games then I will start to think that maybe we could but looking at the fixtures then the fixtures look tricky and we could start to have a tough time.

For me the next 3 games are vital. Doncaster will be no push over, they play good football and dont give in easily. Millwall will be up for it and wont want to slip up against us. Palace away is always a hard place to get a result.

No games from here on in I think will be easy, looking at the fixtures then every game seems to be against someone challenging or looking to challenge.

Sorry but we've just come off the back of Boro at home and Ipswich and Leicester away, and returned with 9 points? 2 home games against a side who got nullified by Leeds on their own patch and a side who just got done 6-1 at home..think we've got every reason to be confident? Millwall and Palace do have the surprise factor being derby games though, got a feeling Palace will end our unbeaten streak.

Comment

MAGIC I seriously think the same fella. It would be the typical closing chapter in a book given where Warnock came from and how well we are actually playing at the minute. I hope we are both wrong. Either way if we get 6 points from our next 3 games I'll be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
        Sorry but we've just come off the back of Boro at home and Ipswich and Leicester away, and returned with 9 points? 2 home games against a side who got nullified by Leeds on their own patch and a side who just got done 6-1 at home..think we've got every reason to be confident? Millwall and Palace do have the surprise factor being derby games though, got a feeling Palace will end our unbeaten streak.
        except for the Palace bit.

Comment

It's a tough league! We all know that what are the state of
          mackie
          kenny
          faurlin

are they likely to make the next game ?

Comment

We are now the Championship scalps, I believe every team will want to break our unbeaten run, which makes not only the next 3 but all our games to be as difficult.
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

No team will cruise this league - there are too many clubs that have been in the top tier before.

But you are basically saying its a tough division with no easy games. We already know that, but are showing that WE are the team to beat. Not Ipswich,or Boro, or Cardiff....but QPR.

So - enjoy the ride!
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Gordon Bennett! We are in the box seat for promotion. If we were 18th with 4 points there'd be people talking up our play-off chances. After all, Blackpool went up even though they were 32 pts behind Newcastle. Yes, it's only September but our results, play and depth of squad must look VERY ominous to the chasing pack. When I look at the fixtures I see every game as "winnable" - I'm not daft, I know we'll lose some games and have a few stinkers too. However, I see us amassing a very big points total this season and I'm currently seeing our rivals tripping over themselves regularly. I loved the fact NW was still smarting from the 0-4 at Leicester last season and actively wanted to shove it back up 'em; his personal pride and sheer will to win is so refreshing and the reason why he simply will not allow us to be beaten at Palace.

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                  It's a tough league! We all know that what are the state of
                  mackie
                  kenny
                  faurlin

are they likely to make the next game ?
                  I know what you are saying. At the same time if those guys are out we have Smith, Cerny and Buz.

I like the extra strength in depth we have this season and players coming in will want to impress.

Comment

Doncaster are a tough side. I watched part of their Friday match against Leeds. They have two decent strikers in Coppinger and Sharp.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Every match someone says "this will be a really tough test". We should win both our next home games, though having supported Rangers for many years I'm also aware that it is the relatively easy ones we often mess up so certainly not taking anything for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                        Doncaster are a tough side. I watched part of their Friday match against Leeds. They have two decent strikers in Coppinger and Sharp.
                        especially sharp. he always seems to cause us problems when we play donny.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

palace game will be harder than last year.

two reasons. derry isnt marking taarabt and hart isnt manager. two of the reasons why we won last year.
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Barnsley (H)----5-2-----4-0....better by 1 goal
                            Sheff U (A)---- 1-1-----3-0....2 point improvement
                            Scunthorpe (H)-0-1-----2-0....3 point improvement
                            Derby (A)------ 4-2-----2-2....2 points dropped
                            Boro (H)--------1-5-----3-0....3 point improvement
                            Ipswich (A) ----0-3 ---- 3-0....3 point improvement
                            Leicester (A) ---4-0-----2-0....3 point improvement

PL...W...D...L...F...A....PTS.........W...D...L... F...A...PTS
                            7.... 2...1...4...11..18.. 7 --------6...1...0...19..2...19

You can only play whats in front of you
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                            X