Unofficial rumour but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martyhoop View Post
    why would they extend the deadline then announce a new manager surley they would want as many fans to buy after the deadline has ended thus making even more money?
    i think the priority is to actually try and get the 55% of fans that havent renewed to renew
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

i went down on thursday pm..only an old couple trying to move seats there!

a few small piles of forms on desk, before other yrs there were boxes full of them, a-z ....

fan power?
      or just the fact many are feeling the "pinch"..

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
        i went down on thursday pm..only an old couple trying to move seats there!

a few small piles of forms on desk, before other yrs there were boxes full of them, a-z ....

fan power?
        or just the fact many are feeling the "pinch"..
        bit of both i think - i mean, after last seasons disappointment and shenanigans and not even knowing who the manager will be, well! I'm surprised they've got 4500.

Shocking though, the MAJORITY have not renewed as it currently stands.
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Are the club receiving a kickback from Zebra Finance? If so hope it is declared...
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

3200 wilsons sold factamundo
            what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
              Would love to know where you got those figures from.... I can't divulge but we are just short of 4k and there is still about 1400 additional applications still to be processed. Many supporters are opting to pay by Zebra too.

On Monday of this week we had processed just over 3100...
              Whoever is right, either way a poor show for such a brilliant club doing amazing things.
              The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
              :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by martyhoop View Post
                why would they extend the deadline then announce a new manager surley they would want as many fans to buy after the deadline has ended thus making even more money?
                I know it may seem as though the club are trying to fleece the fans but to be fair everything has to be budgeted for. Prior to Flavio we never paid a penny more than £4000 a week for players wages dating back to before the Chris Wright era. The last player to exceed that was Mike Sheron who was our clubs record signing. Things have to be budgeted for and the board are on a lose lose basis. If prices don't go up then we don't sign high profile players... I don't want to go back to signing players like Steffan Moore, Danny Cullip, Daniel Nardiello and so if it means we have to dig a little deeper in our pockets then so be it. It's unfortunate we are in a recession and thats not the clubs fault although to some of our supporter I am sure they think it is Flavio and GP doing!!! We are not a well supported side and selling 10000k season tickets at the old prices never covered our wage bill, expenses and paying the loan - FACTs that people oversee! Yes there is now a lot of sponsorship money coming in but that is spread over season. We are pretty much a self sufficient club now which is remarkable considering how we were 24months ago. However if supporters keep choosing to have digs at Flavio and co they will walk and QPR would fold with 3 years.
                Last edited by Dazzer1977; 17-05-2009, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Dazzer,

Paying the likes of Hall 15K a week is madness. Agyemang on good money and a long contract is madness.

Self sufficient? my #### are we - we will have lost millions again last year - the bulk of the sponsorship money kicks in if we get promoted.

Huge mistakes have been made and we havent been signing high profile players just a lot of average ones on extremely generous packages.

The thing is it could be so easy to get it right but with the set up as it stands I have little confidence in the current board achieving their goal.

We won't fold. We wouldn't have done before they came in, admittedly there is more chance of it if they walk as the debt will have doubled but someone will come along..
                  "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                  QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                  Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                  Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    More season tickets sold, then we give credit for. Over 4,000 thats for sure, but I too think it will be extended. When a new manager arrives, numbers will go up quite a bit.
                    That is of course if it isn't either Magilton or Calderwood AND is someone the fans will get excited about;D

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                      Dazzer,

Paying the likes of Hall 15K a week is madness. Agyemang on good money and a long contract is madness.

Self sufficient? my #### are we - we will have lost millions again last year - the bulk of the sponsorship money kicks in if we get promoted.

Huge mistakes have been made and we havent been signing high profile players just a lot of average ones on extremely generous packages.

The thing is it could be so easy to get it right but with the set up as it stands I have little confidence in the current board achieving their goal.

We won't fold. We wouldn't have done before they came in, admittedly there is more chance of it if they walk as the debt will have doubled but someone will come along..

Wouldn't be so sure about that Writtler, with the climate as it is at the moment, nothing can be certain, surely you only have to look at other clubs plights to see what a good position we are now in.
                      Norwich have supporters owning the club, as do Charlton and look where they are.
                      A lot may not like Flav and co but I am more than grateful we have them at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                        I know it may seem as though the club are trying to fleece the fans but to be fair everything has to be budgeted for. Prior to Flavio we never paid a penny more than £4000 a week for players wages dating back to before the Chris Wright era. The last player to exceed that was Mike Sheron who was our clubs record signing. Things have to be budgeted for and the board are on a lose lose basis. If prices don't go up then we don't sign high profile players... I don't want to go back to signing players like Steffan Moore, Danny Cullip, Daniel Nardiello and so if it means we have to dig a little deeper in our pockets then so be it. It's unfortunate we are in a recession and thats not the clubs fault although to some of our supporter I am sure they think it is Flavio and GP doing!!! We are not a well supported side and selling 10000k season tickets at the old prices never covered our wage bill, expenses and paying the loan - FACTs that people oversee! Yes there is now a lot of sponsorship money coming in but that is spread over season. We are pretty much a self sufficient club now which is remarkable considering how we were 24months ago. However if supporters keep choosing to have digs at Flavio and co they will walk and QPR would fold with 3 years.
                        Excellent post! pretty much what i have been saying all along. too many supporters want to have their cake and eat it too.

Comment

This is where the club really needs to get the managerial appointment right.
                          A "big name" appointment will mean the club will have struck gold, and applications for season tickets will roll in.
                          If the club go for someone they hope has the knack of pulling rabbits from hats, then only a further reduction in season ticket prices will improve sales.
                          If we go for a British manager, it has to be Steve Coppell.
                          If we go foreign, it has to be Marco Van Basten.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                            Dazzer,

Writter - Are you speaking about what you know as hard facts or what you have been led to believe. I'd be interested to know because I can assure you that you've been told utter tripe!

Point 1 - I can catagorically state that Fitz Hall is on nowhere near 15k a week. If he plays he still earns less than £10k a week... where almost 1k of that is bonuses!

Point 2 - Agyemang is on massive goal bonuses. Basic salary is poor. I stated ages ago that he could rake it in based on how many goal he can score. Please remember that he come from Preston for £200k and not from not Man Utd feek sake!

Point 3 - Yes there will be major cash coming in to the club from sponsorships deals in we reach the promise land but I canalso catagorically state we are in the top 3 clubs outside the Premiership for generating the most money from sponsorship deals.

I just love the way your making out that hugh mistakes have been made wasting money... Yeah cos all 3 (Flavio, Bernie and Amit) of our board members throw money away into stupid things dont they!!! I'm sorry but you don't get as rich as those guys from blowing money away.

Writtler - I don't mean for this post to sound as though I am digging at you fella but your post contains a lot of false statements.

Comment

This thread has really made me laugh, about 3 people all claiming to be "itk" but all have completly different figures!

Comment

renened today over 6000 sold already, more than this time time last year according to the box office staff

Comment

Working...
                                X