We should not get to excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should not get to excited

Delighted with our best start since 1947 and our new players look to of settled in nicely HOWEVER... I think we have played some poor sides and I think you will find Barnsley, sheff utd and Scunny all fighting relegation this year. I think the next 3 games are so important and will give us an idea of how far we have come.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Agree.

Comment

8 August 2009 Home Blackpool 1–1
      15 August 2009 Away Plymouth Argyle 1–1
      18 August 2009 Away Bristol City 0–1

This was last season first 3 games on paper we should have won all three. None of these clubs are any better than we played this season. So please let not say we played easy teams so far.

26 September 2009 Home Barnsley 5–2
      30 January 2010 Home Scunthorpe United 0–1
      13 March 2010 Away Sheffield United 1–1

Going on last seaso results against these teams we had only 4 points so we better off by 5 and goals by 3 and against 4 better by 4. So not bad so team not finished team yet.

Comment

Originally posted by maccatwo View Post
        8 August 2009 Home Blackpool 1–1
        15 August 2009 Away Plymouth Argyle 1–1
        18 August 2009 Away Bristol City 0–1

This was last season first 3 games on paper we should have won all three. None of these clubs are any better than we played this season. So please let not say we played easy teams so far.

26 September 2009 Home Barnsley 5–2
        30 January 2010 Home Scunthorpe United 0–1
        13 March 2010 Away Sheffield United 1–1

Going on last seaso results against these teams we had only 4 points so we better off by 5 and goals by 3 and against 4 better by 4. So not bad so team not finished team yet.
        Well said. I am struggling to understand why there are people just itching to find things to make sure some of us dont get "carried away" as it's "early days". Your post is factual and cannot be disputed, it is not even a matter of opinion.

Yesterday, there was a thread about Warnock saying that we were nowhere near the finished article and it even included a link. Well, if you want links, then how about this one,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletc...rs_in_his.html

a little more on the positive side.

At my age, it's probably a bit childish I know, but I would imagine that I will be checking the table at least twice a day for the next week. I don't suppose much will change, but it looks good to me.

It seems like such a long time now that you could arrive at Loftus Road, expecting to win the match comfortably and that you were going to be treated to some wonderful skills by some of the most talented players in the division. Football being played the way it should be, producing the required results.

You could probably count on one hand the number of people who are reading this site, who have witnessed us win 3 out of the first 3. Surely you can enjoy it just a bit can't you, just while it lasts ? Because you won't when we go through a bad patch.

I read complaints about fans singing "the R's are going up" after we had dealt with Barnsley on the first day, saying it was only one game and telling them not to be so stupid. Unbelievable.

Can't the "glass half empty" brigade just realise that we now have a proper, experienced manager, who is being allowed to do the job the way he knows is best. That we have players such as Taarabt and Faurlin, who are so much better than we have had for years. That team spirit is in evidence, both in the way the players are working as hard for each other as themselves during games along with the togetherness shown after them.

I came away yesterday, knowing that whatever anyone had paid to watch Adel play in the last 3 games has had a bargain.

I cannot find anything to moan about at the moment. Am I really alone ?

Comment

No you are not alone.

And if I want to walk around with a stiffy all day, try and stop me.

Comment

Great post brightonr

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Well said. I am struggling to understand why there are people just itching to find things to make sure some of us dont get "carried away" as it's "early days". Your post is factual and cannot be disputed, it is not even a matter of opinion.

Yesterday, there was a thread about Warnock saying that we were nowhere near the finished article and it even included a link. Well, if you want links, then how about this one,

At my age, it's probably a bit childish I know, but I would imagine that I will be checking the table at least twice a day for the next week. I don't suppose much will change, but it looks good to me.

It seems like such a long time now that you could arrive at Loftus Road, expecting to win the match comfortably and that you were going to be treated to some wonderful skills by some of the most talented players in the division. Football being played the way it should be, producing the required results.

You could probably count on one hand the number of people who are reading this site, who have witnessed us win 3 out of the first 3. Surely you can enjoy it just a bit can't you, just while it lasts ? Because you won't when we go through a bad patch.

I read complaints about fans singing "the R's are going up" after we had dealt with Barnsley on the first day, saying it was only one game and telling them not to be so stupid. Unbelievable.

Can't the "glass half empty" brigade just realise that we now have a proper, experienced manager, who is being allowed to do the job the way he knows is best. That we have players such as Taarabt and Faurlin, who are so much better than we have had for years. That team spirit is in evidence, both in the way the players are working as hard for each other as themselves during games along with the togetherness shown after them.

I came away yesterday, knowing that whatever anyone had paid to watch Adel play in the last 3 games has had a bargain.

Comment

You have to beat these teams put in front of you,something we were struggling to do last year! We are playing with confidence,developing a winning mentality and a great team spirit,so don't knock it at the moment!!!
                I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

No.

As I was leaving the ground yesterday, I was thinking about how things were when I last walked out of the ground after a home game against Scunny.

For anyone who needs a little reminder.... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...st-defeat.html
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

We're looking good and we're playing well.

Supporting your team, and feeling confident isn't what I'd class as getting carried away.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

WeAreQPR12's credibility shrinking faster than the font size of his signature.

Comment

Agreed....

No we are not World beaters.

But take my case...i have decided to make more of an effort to get to more than 8-10 home games this season.So-got me a network rail card....Went to the barnsley match and went to the Scunny game.

You can call me stupid ....but i just feel really positive about QPR this season.From the two games i gave seen so far....i'm happy as a sand boy.If it continues, then great, but i'm sure we will have a dip.

Having said that...the shi..ty day I had in getting to Loftus Road yesterday...for me was paid in full just seeing Adels double drag bag in first half.Genius.Orr looks goods Kenny getting better Hill solid Derry to love watching Faurlin and Adel.....so..f.ck it... o'm going to enjoy this and rub it in as much as possible to other fans,

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Delighted with our best start since 1947 and our new players look to of settled in nicely HOWEVER... I think we have played some poor sides and I think you will find Barnsley, sheff utd and Scunny all fighting relegation this year. I think the next 3 games are so important and will give us an idea of how far we have come.
                          I wonder some times if you ever have a good time, if its not we want strikers its we played poor sides. I have seen all 3 games so far (league) and I can say we have played very well. As andythe fish said you can only beat whats put in front of you. Watching some highlights of other games in the Championship since the season started I would say that on our current form we would probably have beaten most. Apart from Burnley, Ipswich and the sheep admirers I don't see on current form anyone matching us. Obviously things change and yes we will lose sooner or later but lets not get negative, enjoy the success and get down to LR and support the team and away of course.
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Good post Brighton,i walked away so happy yesterday
                            weareqpr12-hows the refund you wally?
                            From the Hills of Kerry
                            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                              weareqpr12-hows the refund you wally?

As far as i am concerned it's the best £469 i have spent in years.

Comment

Working...
                              X