We don't belong in top bracket yet - Neil Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't belong in top bracket yet - Neil Warnock

NEIL WARNOCK rates his team as barely play-off material, even though they have made it nine goals without reply in their best start since 1947.

More...

the master of mind games. like him better than any manager i can remember right now

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
      the master of mind games. like him better than any manager i can remember right now
      I agree.

We are absolute certainties for at least a top 6 spot. But keeping ones real views to oneself is a sensible way of going about things.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        I agree.

We are absolute certainties for at least a top 6 spot. But keeping ones real views to oneself is a sensible way of going about things.
        Rubbish,how can you say that after 3 games,and no strikers purchased

Comment

Facto was 19 in 1947 and can tell you about our last best start.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

managers generally play chances down so they don't ned up with egg on heir face. This division is hard, very hard. We are far from the biggest club in it and far from the biggest spenders.

But we are in with a shout for sure.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              Rubbish,how can you say that after 3 games,and no strikers purchased
              he can say it cos he knows football and can see this team will pissh a top 6 position. You might not be able to see it, but some of us with a bit more vison can.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                he can say it cos he knows football and can see this team will pissh a top 6 position. You might not be able to see it, but some of us with a bit more vison can.
                Thanks for putting it politely GTP.

I have thought from the minute Warnock arrived that we were certainties for at least a play off spot.

But in answer to his question: It's all down to the manager. His presence, the respect he not only demands, but commands. His knowledge of the game. His enthusiasm and ambition to succeed. His man-management skills, of which Today's little masterstroke saw his captain show the maturity no one had seen in him before or most would admit to believing possible.

Some would say that we need to spend big on this player or that player. The likes of Ben Watson, Steven Reid and other such over rated so called "premiership" players ? No thank you, not for me. Just a group of quality players (and there are very few teams in this division with the number of class players that we have), who want to play for the club more than earning x thousands of pounds per week. Simple really.

I was thinking today, whilst watching everything come together, how similar things are to the early eighties under Venables. Not least the quality manager and classy players. And we all know how that turned out.

Comment

Well done NW for not getting carried away. Hope he gets the reward after missing two target players. I have every confidence he is able to improve the squad.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                    Facto was 19 in 1947 and can tell you about our last best start.

Comment

So the 2 players were Walters and who? Beattie?
                      1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

We are moving in the right direction I think we are 7 out of 10 love the gaffer and have a lot of time for amit!

Long way to go and players needed but we are trying obviously

Comment

Looking good, and the team spirit with the fans after the whistle was good to see too.
                          Walters and Kitson (or the likes) and I'm a very happy man.
                          Queens Park Rangers
                          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                          X