Have You Noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Noticed?

How many managers, ours included, when interviewed, say they are down to 'the bare bones'. and desperate to sign some more players. A few have started without full amounts of substitutes on the bench. Must be due to cutbacks. Credit crunch, at last, hitting football.

Pompey only had 4 subs on Saturday at Coventry. One of them was our old youth keeper, Liam O'Brien who went there when they had all the money.

How times have changed?? I bet he wished he had stayed with us!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Doubt it, he's had a few years of working with one of the best goalie coaches in the country (David Coles) instead of sitting on our bench for reserve fixtures against Harrow Borough.

Comment

Cardiff had four subs as well, 2 teams affected by transfer embargos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
          Doubt it, he's had a few years of working with one of the best goalie coaches in the country (David Coles) instead of sitting on our bench for reserve fixtures against Harrow Borough.
          Has he played a first team game yet for Pompey?

I am pretty sure his old man used to post on the Indy R's website. Dangerous?

Could be wrong.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Wouldn't have played for us in that time either.

The way Jamie Ashdown played on Saturday I woulnd't be surprised if he gets his first start soon.

Comment

Working...
            X