Josh Parker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Parker ?

Do you think he can break into the first team this year, and hold down a place. Hear good things about him in pre season, could he be our wide right or midfield play maker?

played well today, that throw will be dangerous aswell

Comment

No, see German and Balanta for more details

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
        He is better than both of them

Comment

Difference being this lad looks strong enough to play in the middle, the other two play up front, and we're led to believe striker comming in.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            He is better than both of them
            But still too raw to hold down a first team place and win games for us in this league. I would look good against the teams we've played this pre-season so lets not get too excited just yet.

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            Difference being this lad looks strong enough to play in the middle, the other two play up front, and we're led to believe striker comming in.
            Didn't pull up any trees at AFC Wimbledon.
            Last edited by yugohoop; 31-07-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

But still too raw to hold down a first team place and win games for us in this league. I would look good against the teams we've played this pre-season so lets not get too excited just yet.

Didn't pull up any trees at AFC Wimbledon.
              Ok your right, lets not give youth a chance. Keep him in the res.. and wait a couple of years and see him drift out of football, this is why English players are soooo few and far between, no chance with the modern game, your given one game IF your lucky, joke!

Comment

For what I have herad I believe he get a few games and be on the bench a lot

Comment

Would have thought he's not far behind hogan, and catching up rapidly.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

Let me refer you to your original question.

Do you think he can break into the first team this year, and hold down a place. Hear good things about him in pre season, could he be our wide right or midfield play maker?
                    Ok your right, lets not give youth a chance. Keep him in the res.. and wait a couple of years and see him drift out of football, this is why English players are soooo few and far between, no chance with the modern game, your given one game IF your lucky, joke!
                    If your question was should he be given a chance then my response would have been; Yes but only off the bench as i believe it would be more benifical to him not have the weight of the supports expectation on him so early on.
                    You know full well, or you should do, that a young players development takes longer then a run of 5 or 6 games. We won't see the best of Parker for at least another season or two but i do believe he is a very very exciting prospect.

Comment

Let me refer you to your original question.

If your question was should he be given a chance then my response would have been; Yes but only off the bench as i believe it would be more benifical to him not have the weight of the supports expectation on him so early on.
                      You know full well, or you should do, that a young players development takes longer then a run of 5 or 6 games. We won't see the best of Parker for at least another season or two but i do believe he is a very very exciting prospect.
                      Wasn't a go at just you , its the mind set of fans and managers alike at the moment, if you don't give them a go then you'll never know. Look at Arsenal and all there youngsters win the youth cup year after year and what does Wenger do when he needs a centre back? Buys in a french lad for 12m when he has home grown ones waiting, it seems we all want mangers to buy,buy, buy, and forget about the youth knocking on the door. By the way he's much better prospect than the two you mentioned.

Comment

Wasn't a go at just you , its the mind set of fans and managers alike at the moment, if you don't give them a go then you'll never know. Look at Arsenal and all there youngsters win the youth cup year after year and what does Wenger do when he needs a centre back? Buys in a french lad for 12m when he has home grown ones waiting, it seems we all want mangers to buy,buy, buy, and forget about the youth knocking on the door. By the way he's much better prospect than the two you mentioned.
                        I agree but use him from the off, IMO, will damage him. Just look at Marcus Bean as an example, for me he was a cracking prospect but in the end he was shipped off instead of being developed and we lost another bright young talent. So for me i'd give Parker 10-15 appearences (off the bench) this season and see where we go from there.

Comment

I agree but use him from the off, IMO, will damage him. Just look at Marcus Bean as an example, for me he was a cracking prospect but in the end he was shipped off instead of being developed and we lost another bright young talent. So for me i'd give Parker 10-15 appearences (off the bench) this season and see where we go from there.
                          Not a bad shout my friend, i may give him a few starts , but lets hope he really shines this year, he has done very well in pre season albeit agianst lower league opposition. But now's the time to push on, imo.

Comment

Working...
                          X