No announcement yet.

Look at this Man City Squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just showing off now. Or taking the ****. Or both. Though I think they might regret side-lining or even losing (as is rumoured) Bellamy imo. And of course that means he is off to Cardiff doesn't it (not sure he said all that thinking he'd be moving so soon eh! Bit of a PR dilemma for the boy). I am a fan of his I must admit. He's a bit of a ***** I don't doubt (though the televised dig at John Terry was fantastic) but I would have in my team any day.

Does this mean we can have Stephen Ireland on a free or a loan please.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
      There is no reason we cannot be a top half Prem time given time if our owners were serious about it happening.They have the cash to make it happen.

We did it before on limited money so why can't we do it when we have the richest man in Britain backing us?.
      Agreed. The year Stoke went up we hammered them 3-0. Now because of sound investment they are a mid table Premiership team who even the bookies think won't get relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        Agreed. The year Stoke went up we hammered them 3-0. Now because of sound investment they are a mid table Premiership team who even the bookies think won't get relegated.
        Exactly mate.

And look what Blackburn did with an owner who wanted it to happen?.

And Stoke,Wigan and Fulham,all similar size clubs to us,have established themselves as Prem regulars.

Comment

Stan/SirP - can we not dwell on this? It is all too depressing. True but depressing.

And to add to our woes of course if any of these did come down they'd be sure to spend the parachute money to ping straight back up as has also become quite the trend.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
            Stan/SirP - can we not dwell on this? It is all too depressing. True but depressing.

And to add to our woes of course if any of these did come down they'd be sure to spend the parachute money to ping straight back up as has also become quite the trend.
            Especially now the parachute payments have doubled or is it even more than that. Anyway it didn't work for Charlton nor Middlesbrough last season (although they should start as favourites) and I believe Pompey will struggle but you are right. The longer we are in the division the harder it will be especially if the teams who go up and come back down again are sensible with their money they will be able to buy all the best players and go back up again. Last season 2 of the 3 relegated from the previous season went straight back up and whats to say that Hull and Burnley won't do the same?

Comment

Quite. I have a real problem with the impact those parachute payments have on the game. Scandalous distortion of the cometition imo.

I think Boro have now woken up t the fact that their parachute payments only have another year to run (they came down before the rules changed to make it £48m over 4 years). That will explain the sudden spending spree (though luckily Strachan is buying loads of clueless sweaties). I strongly suspect Burnley and Hull to be up there this year. It is good business sense (which is why I dislike the parachutes). They will buy again in Jan I am sure if they need to. WE have to hope they are similarly clueless on the management front.

Comment

Quite. I have a real problem with the impact those parachute payments have on the game. Scandalous distortion of the cometition imo.

I think Boro have now woken up t the fact that their parachute payments only have another year to run (they came down before the rules changed to make it £48m over 4 years). That will explain the sudden spending spree (though luckily Strachan is buying loads of clueless sweaties). I strongly suspect Burnley and Hull to be up there this year. It is good business sense (which is why I dislike the parachutes). They will buy again in Jan I am sure if they need to. WE have to hope they are similarly clueless on the management front.
                Exactly. Rewarding teams for failure is ridiculous IMO and as you said it's hardly fair competition. But if the powers that be want the same 23 teams (20 playing and 3 temporarily in the CCC) competing in that division then it makes all the sweeter when teams like Charlton go down and Blackpool go up.

Comment

They're just showing off now. Or taking the ****. Or both. Though I think they might regret side-lining or even losing (as is rumoured) Bellamy imo. And of course that means he is off to Cardiff doesn't it (not sure he said all that thinking he'd be moving so soon eh! Bit of a PR dilemma for the boy). I am a fan of his I must admit. He's a bit of a ***** I don't doubt (though the televised dig at John Terry was fantastic) but I would have in my team any day.

Does this mean we can have Stephen Ireland on a free or a loan please.
                  Bellamy is a top player and a proper wind up merchant. Keep hearing he is off to Spurs for £4M

Comment

Yes, like Bellamy. Shame he's a Welsh twot. And has the worst set of Tats outside Wandsworth or the scrubs I have ever seen.

£4m would be a real bargain.

Comment

Working...
                    X