Observations from Saturdays Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from Saturdays Friendly

Firstly, spent £10 to watch a youth side is a joke, but I paid it hey...

1st teamers:

Ageymang - Did well, I know its crap oppo but he was hungry, tried and took his goal well. Looked head and shoulders above anyone else and rightly so. Just think he may have something to offer if Warnock can keep up this effort. Bring him on last 15 mins against opposition and let his pace loose against them.

Stewart - Solid, the only "battering ram" type centre back with pace we have at the club. Solid as expected. Good to see him winning BIG headers after his injury.

Vine - Strolled around almost like he was too good to be out there. Didnt tackle, didnt defend and basically didnt try. Came off at half time. I am serious when I say this... Once his contract expires, he, at his current level of ability will have to drop to League 2, maybe Conference to be a stand out player. Even then I think the conference would be too rough for him.

Rest:

Lee Brown - Decent performance from the left back, would like to see him played against Port Vale in cup as has a nice left foot and played well on the left.

Max Ehmer - Strong midfielder, likes to get forward in the mould of Tim Cahill type player. Again like to see him in the cup game.

Jordan Hibbert - Basic, no impact, reminded me of Dennis Oli. Not suprised to hear we have given him a chance. Released by Barnsley says it all really.

Spent the 2nd half next to the dugout, suprising how little Ronnie Jepson says, just stood there pointing and having a go at the ref.

Thats all for now.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

cant figure vine out.. talking to him on twitter a few weeks back.. he seemed really determined to prove NW and everybody wrong.. that he is hungry and determined.. even had myself and other fans saying hope he doesnt leave and he can hit that old form again.

yet during these pre-season friendlies all i am reading is words like "lazy, uncommitted, non-interested"

tis a big shame. if i was him id have abit of pride about how i play. he must realise sometimes you gotta graft and work hard to prove people wrong. especially after turning in these type of performances after sulking and moaning about not getting a chance
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Hungry and determined, just hungry by the looks of him...

Waste of space, show pony with no tricks...
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

perhaps he should retire and do a bit on his farm now.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I dont understand the fuss about Vine....He has NEVER been good. Yes he had a purple patch for us scored 2 or 3 and set a few up. If you look at his career he has never scored more then 10 in a season which for a attacking player is criminal. He made his name at LUTON for christ sake, Brum wasted money on him got rid to us, and now we done the same.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              I dont understand the fuss about Vine....He has NEVER been good. Yes he had a purple patch for us scored 2 or 3 and set a few up. If you look at his career he has never scored more then 10 in a season which for a attacking player is criminal. He made his name at LUTON for christ sake, Brum wasted money on him got rid to us, and now we done the same.
              His form was rapidly falling away 4-6 weeks before he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                His form was rapidly falling away 4-6 weeks before he got injured.
                Spot on mate, he was getting subbed and showing true form before his injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  perhaps he should retire and do a bit on his farm now.
                  He is it's called the Selhurst Farm.
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                  X