No announcement yet.

Jay Simpson in high demand from PL and Chamionship clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said he more than played his part, no one player kept us up last season but goals win you games and winning games get you points so he played his part. 12 goals is a good knock for a young striker in his first season in the Championship, playing under different managers and normally playing upfront by himself.

Comment

Agree with Morris and Olly - he kept us up and is way, way better than any striker we currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by KASPARS BOOTS View Post
        Agree with Morris anyone could have got past Upson yesterday, and what was Terry doing ? Shocking.
        Terry was probably thinking about all the Germans wags at home alone and the quicker he could get out of SA the quicker he could pay them a visit.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Never thought i'd ever say this, but i liked the german style of football yesterday.Pass and move......and one long hoof....

My missus summed up the English style of football...poke and hope,

And whilst talking about poor defending....please add Johnson to that list.

Comment

Jay Simpson could be set to leave Arsenal this summer and a host of clubs are set to battle it out for his signature.

The young forward is a product of the Gunners' highly-famed academy but is yet to make his Premier League debut.

The 21-year-old has played for Arsenal in the Carling Cup and scored two goals in a 3-0 victory in his only ever start over Wigan, but he has never made a league appearance for the club and now looks set to leave.

Simpson has spent much of the last three seasons on loan, with Millwall, West Brom and last term with Queens Park Rangers - where he hit double figures in the Championship.

However, despite being highly thought of at Arsenal they are prepared to let him leave as he seeks regular first-team football.

News of Simpson's availability is set to alert a host of clubs in the Premier League and Championship.

West Ham, Fulham and Blackpool are all thought to be considering whether to offer him a Premier League chance, whilst Millwall, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Leicester City and QPR are all keen. Nigel Pearson looks set to become the Hull City manager and will also probably have Simpson on his hit list.

His advisor Uben Gray confirmed Simpson could leave the Emirates Stadium.

"Jay has had discussions with Arsene Wenger and Arsenal," he told skysports.com.

"Everyone at the club only has good things to say about Jay, including Arsene, but they appreciate he needs to be playing first-team football.

"And so they are ready to let him leave, but only if the deal is right for all parties."

Simpson currently has a year left on his contract at Arsenal

Comment

with no better names been mentioned of late,i would love him back

Comment

see how different our mindsets are.
                im praying we dont get him cos in my head im certain the big money marquee striker we do get will be country miles better than simpson.
                hes a proper booby prize to my expectations.

Comment

GTP - that's precisely why I think you are being too optimistic about where we will finish because I suspect you and some others have what in my view are unrealistic expectations about who we will sign. But its all conjecture, for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                    Never thought i'd ever say this, but i liked the german style of football yesterday.Pass and move......and one long hoof....

My missus summed up the English style of football...poke and hope,

And whilst talking about poor defending....please add Johnson to that list.
                    Mrs mean Englands Defending or your sexual prowess lol

Comment

Working...
                    X