LOOL £5 million for Adel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spagettihoops View Post
    i say play what it takes as long as he agrees to learn from warnock! would defo be a good investment and personally i reckon in the next 5 years he'll be worth double if not treble
    A Leopard can't change his spot's, Adel will never be a team player and to spend more than £2.5M MAX would be a waste of money.
    If we were gonna spend £5m i would rather they spent it on 2/3 players who will fight for the team and not sulk when they can't take a freekick or penalty !

Comment

I also agree with W12.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

No way is he worth £5m. £2.5m max.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
          No way is he worth £5m. £2.5m max.
          Be honest with yourself, if we paid £2.5 million for him you'd be saying we got an absolute bargin.

Forest paid £2.6 million for Robert Earnshaw, did they pay over the odds? Personally I don't think so as that is the going rate for a striker at this level who puts the ball consistently into the back of the net. Taarabt granted is a different sort of player but at the end of the day he is the best player in the CCC bar none. Run a poll on other teams MB's and you see how consistently his name would appear as the player their supporters would buy if they could. Players like him come alone once a decade if you are lucky thats why you pull out all the stops to get them.

The last thing a player like Taarabt needs is the instability we had off the field last season. You watch him fly next season if he signs.

Without sounding patronising Morris, Taarabt is the best player you have seen in your lifetime to pull a Rangers shirt on, you off all people should know his market worth.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Be honest with yourself, if we paid £2.5 million for him you'd be saying we got an absolute bargin.

Forest paid £2.6 million for Robert Earnshaw, did they pay over the odds? Personally I don't think so as that is the going rate for a striker at this level who puts the ball consistently into the back of the net. Taarabt granted is a different sort of player but at the end of the day he is the best player in the CCC bar none. Run a poll on other teams MB's and you see how consistently his name would appear as the player their supporters would buy if they could. Players like him come alone once a decade if you are lucky thats why you pull out all the stops to get them.

The last thing a player like Taarabt needs is the instability we had off the field last season. You watch him fly next season if he signs.

Without sounding patronising Morris, Taarabt is the best player you have seen in your lifetime to pull a Rangers shirt on, you off all people should know his market worth.
            He has the most natural ability and skill, yes. But is he the most effective player I have ever seen in a QPR shirt? No.

Step overs and tricks are lovely when they work, but I'd rather he play a killer through ball onto a striker so we can actually he score a goal. He did this up at Preston and set up both goals for us, but unfortunately he doesn't do it often enough to be worth anywhere near £5m.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
              He has the most natural ability and skill, yes. But is he the most effective player I have ever seen in a QPR shirt? No.

Step overs and tricks are lovely when they work, but I'd rather he play a killer through ball onto a striker so we can actually he score a goal. He did this up at Preston and set up both goals for us, but unfortunately he doesn't do it often enough to be worth anywhere near £5m.
              Play that killer ball through to who....Priskin who is glued to the spot, or Simpson who strays off side again or Vine who bottles it or Cook who couldn't beat an egg...same with Ephriam. The only player Taarabt consistently looks to lay a ball of to is Faurlin because he is a different gear to the rest.

I can't blame the lads frustrations at time and the want to do it all himself, if I was surrounded by the some of the fodder he has been this season I'd do the same as well.

You do not let players like Taarabt go without a fight, on his day he is untouchable at this level and in Warnock he has found the right manager to release his true potential.

I want the team built around Taarabt and really believe his signing is the difference between the Play Offs and Automatic Promotion.
              Last edited by W12_Ranger; 16-05-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

How anybody wouldn't want to watch such a prestigious talent week in week out is beyond me, he is still a kid and as he matures, he will become a fantastic player ! I really do wonder how some on here would have reacted to Bowles and Marsh when they first joined Rangers..........................both were a little wayward to say the least but see how they are thought of now !

Comment

Ok -who are you and how did you nick the real W12Ranger's identity?

Too much sense in one thread.

Joking aside - absolutely bloody spot-on old chap.

Sod the petulance, sod the lack of passes, sod the V-signs to the loft.
                  He is the only Rangers player in years I would pay money to see.
                  Entertainment.

Everyone has their own opinion - it's just that in this case, if you don't agree, you are wrong. End of. And I am unanimous in this.
                  Close thread. Move on.

Comment

Taarabt's future value is dependant on Warnock. No Warnock, no value as he proved. As we have Warnock - and he appears to be here for three years - then worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      Play that killer ball through to who....Priskin who is glued to the spot, or Simpson who strays off side again or Vine who bottles it or Cook who couldn't beat an egg...same with Ephriam. The only player Taarabt consistently looks to lay a ball of to is Faurlin because he is a different gear to the rest.

I can't blame the lads frustrations at time and the want to do it all himself, if I was surrounded by the some of the fodder he has been this season I'd do the same as well.

You do not let players like Taarabt go without a fight, on his day he is untouchable at this level and in Warnock he has found the right manager to release his true potential.

I want the team built around Taarabt and really believe his signing is the difference between the Play Offs and Automatic Promotion.
                      Look mate, ive never said I don't want Taarabt to sign, or I don't want us to build a team around, but he's not worth £5m IMO.

If he actually passed when Simpson made his run, then he might have a chance of staying onside, but Taarabt delays and delays to throw in a few more stepovers and by the time he releases it its too late. As for Priskin, the one time Adel put him through during his time at QPR was up at Preston and Priskin done a very good job of tucking it away. On that day Adel was on a different planet, but I would need to see more days like that before I agreed to spend £5m on him.

All about opinions anyway, im sure there are more who agree with you than me, but that's the way I see it.

Comment

far rather work with somone who had the talent who cd be turned into a great player than one who lacks the talent to do anything. as for £5m, surely we have all learned to take such figures with huge truck loads of salt. that wd prob inc wages and goodness knows what potential - ie hypothetical - add ons. Suspect the club will announce one signing that is supposedly for major money to boost season ticket sales and spark lots of posts on boards such as this saying "does anyone doubt we are serious about promotion now?" etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X