Fans need to be realistic in summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans need to be realistic in summer

Whether we have a 5p or £15m budget this squad needs total rebuilding and that will involve buying a few quality players (hopefully) but also some fillers. Lots of moaning about Clint Hill. I am expecting a fair few like him, players that can do a job at this level without setting the world on fire.

We have seriously lacked depth in the squad as well as the more obvious things like a striker who can consistently kick the round thing between the stick things.

I for one will be happy if we sort out full backs, extra centre back or two, goalkeeper and a couple of decent strikers. I am confident with NW we will end up with a far better team next season and one which will not buckle under stress.

People have questioned what he has done at Palarse. Well look at their situation. If you add on their 10 points about the same as us but with the threat of extinction hanging over them and with a far less gifted squad. They have frequently upped their game this season. Have we? By rights they should have been down and out even without the 10 point deduction.

I'm excited about next season too Colin!

Fans need to be realistic this summmer....These are QPR fans you are talking about ..

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Whether we have a 5p or £15m budget this squad needs total rebuilding and that will involve buying a few quality players (hopefully) but also some fillers. Lots of moaning about Clint Hill. I am expecting a fair few like him, players that can do a job at this level without setting the world on fire.

We have seriously lacked depth in the squad as well as the more obvious things like a striker who can consistently kick the round thing between the stick things.

I for one will be happy if we sort out full backs, extra centre back or two, goalkeeper and a couple of decent strikers. I am confident with NW we will end up with a far better team next season and one which will not buckle under stress.

People have questioned what he has done at Palarse. Well look at their situation. If you add on their 10 points about the same as us but with the threat of extinction hanging over them and with a far less gifted squad. They have frequently upped their game this season. Have we? By rights they should have been down and out even without the 10 point deduction.

I'm excited about next season too Colin!
      If fans are being asked to be realistic, is it fair for fans to ask the board to introduce a realistic pricing policy for ST's ?

Comment

if they had originally come in and NOT dramatically increased ticket prices do you think fans would have more patience and less expectation?

Comment

im happy to have players like clint hill if they are considered squad players.. i will be very disappointed if clint hill is seen as a starter for us. especially if we are fed this top 2 malarky

we do though need players like clint hill who are comin in on low wages, for free.. to provide a competitive squad.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
            im happy to have players like clint hill if they are considered squad players.. i will be very disappointed if clint hill is seen as a starter for us. especially if we are fed this top 2 malarky

we do though need players like clint hill who are comin in on low wages, for free.. to provide a competitive squad.

Comment

To be fair Warnock has stated he wants Premier league ASAP so expectations will be high,had he said lets bulid for 18 months then maybe they would be less.

Comment

I don't think it is unrealistic to think with a moderate amount of investment we can get promoted but its not the end of the world if we don't.

What we really need is for fans to be PATIENT and GET BEHIND THE TEAM, regardless where we finish this season.

The whole infrastrcuture of the club is being overhauled for the better this summer, promotion would be a bonus IMO.

Comment

Id just be happy if we had the same manager for the whole season!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                    I don't think it is unrealistic to think with a moderate amount of investment we can get promoted but its not the end of the world if we don't.

What we really need is for fans to be PATIENT and GET BEHIND THE TEAM, regardless where we finish this season.

The whole infrastrcuture of the club is being overhauled for the better this summer, promotion would be a bonus IMO.
                    Which is exactly what was said in the interview with the new chairperson.
                    He wasn't going to make an rash statements....unlike a previous chairman....

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                      Which is exactly what was said in the interview with the new chairperson.
                      He wasn't going to make an rash statements....unlike a previous chairman....
                      .....and then be held accountable at every given oppurtunity by our fans

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                        Id just be happy if we had the same manager for the whole season!
                        What odds d'ya reckon i could get on that?
                        Queens Park Rangers
                        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

why would we be realistic in summer? It's the highlight of our season. Being realistic will mean mediocraty then too!
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post

I will be happy to see our defence keep it tight even with Clint Hill as a regular alongside Gorkks.

Doesnt that make sense, do you think..
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

I dont expect players like James Beattie to come here but i expect a few good signings at least to challenge top 6

Comment

Working...
                              X