Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilburn Times re: Clint Hill and others....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilburn Times re: Clint Hill and others....

Palace defender set for QPR switch

26 April 2010
    By Dave McIntyre

QPR are close to agreeing the signing of Crystal Palace defender Clint Hill on a Bosman free transfer.

The 31-year-old Liverpudlian had been expected to return north when his Palace contract ends this summer, and a number of clubs have shown an interest, but Rangers now look likely to secure his signature.

Hill, who is primarily a central defender but can also play at left-back, started his career with Tranmere and had a spell at Oldham before signing for Stoke in 2003.

He spent five years with the Potters before joining Palace, where he played under Neil Warnock.

A number of Hill's Selhurst Park team-mates have been tipped to join Warnock at Loftus Road. Midfielder Neil Danns and goalkeeper Julian Speroni are among his top summer targets.

But Warnock has so far shown no firm interest in signing highly-rated right-back Nathaniel Clyne, who has also been linked with a move to west London.

interesting he's not interested in nathan clyne. legs at right back? or voltz? hope its not rambo there for another season.

Comment

No firm interest until 9.45 tonight when Palace are guaranteed CCC football next season.

Comment

Thought Clint Hill was injured for the year
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Thought Clint Hill was injured for the year
          still not alot to cheer about......another nothing player....thought we were moving forward as a club.

Comment

Lets not start knocking players before they have even signed.

Comment

Sounds like a Scouse version of Damien Delaney to me.

Tough b*stard though. Maybe we need some of that in this league?
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

i think from watching the home and away palace games this season i can make a judgement.

he is ****, like ramage but with no pace, another bob malcom

lets hope is bull

Comment

Clint Hill doesn't exactly inspire me either, but then if Ramage & Gorkss are the centre half choice for next season then perhaps Clint Hill is for backup/cover like Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    Sounds like a Scouse version of Damien Delaney to me.

Tough b*stard though. Maybe we need some of that in this league?
                    Agreed.

Also Warnock knows what he is going to get with Hill whereas if we did sign a Sh*tu or a St Ledger he'd have to work the passion into them.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                      Agreed.

Also Warnock knows what he is going to get with Hill whereas if we did sign a Sh*tu or a St Ledger he'd have to work the passion into them.
                      hmmm st ledger or clint hill.... decisions

clint hill would be signed purely as cover, st ledger is a class above

Comment

Its starting to look like to me Warnock may improve the defence cheaply.

Maybe since Warnock first to took over he has discovered that defencely we aren't as bad as first thought, after all we've virtually the same players who kept all the clean sheets under Sousa.

With Connolly to return, Legiertwood at RB, Voltz?? Tosic??? Hill on free rom Palace, Ramage to centre half maybe, return of Cerny to form.....do we need to go out and spend big on the defence?

As long as our Full Backs are mobile we may now have enough in the locker...

Comment

To me it looks and feels like another season trying to do it on the cheap.

Upfront and defence is where the money needs to be spent.

Clint Hill does not inspire me although he has to be better than donkey stewart.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I never thought I'd say this, but Gorkss may be the one to go.

I like him, but he seems to have got worse the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

Everyone needs to calm down a little, just cos were linked to a free transfer dosnt automatically mean were doing things on the cheap.
                              I trust warnock if he feels hill is good enough,then he's allright with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X