Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephraim picked ahead of Cook again.

Hogan starting again ahead of Cookie.

What are the theories on Neil's thinking here?

Why does he rate Ephraim more highly?

unbeliavle
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

What does Ephraim bring to the team, i'm at a loss here.?????????
      They seek him here.................

Comment

bit of pace, a good cross, works hard and also defends, guaranteed to be fit without hobbling off half way through the first half

Comment

Mmm just dont rate him, crosses dont see many from him, runs around and chases back, end product, very little.

Also missed a very good chance today.
          They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
            bit of pace, a good cross, works hard and also defends, guaranteed to be fit without hobbling off half way through the first half
            Agreed! I rate Hogan.
            My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

pace...not so sure
              good cross... when did he last get an ssist? Please answer this because I simply cannot remember
              Weak and for god sake you're a well paid professional learn how to kick with your left bloody foot

Comment

Hogans a passenger, has one good game in 10.

Get Cook back in.

Comment

Warnock is hopefully looking forward to next season and keeping Cook back as he has only just recovered from his injury and doesn't wanna risk another serious one!!

Comment

Hogan had another poor game. Can't believe he stays in the side.
                    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Hogan is viewed as a more defensive player.

Though Cook must be getting a little frustrated
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Interesting that the f off adel poster also sees hogan as a quality player?!!!!
                        Pete, how can he be seen as a defensive player when he plays left wing? Or do you mean more defensive than cook. Hogan never beats his man, how many assists has he has in his rangers career? The only plus is he tackles back but that doesn't take talent.

Comment

I'm sure Warnock enquired about buying Hogan in the past when at Palace, which suggests he rates him quite highly.

My theory on why he's selected over Cook, is because he rarely attacks the touchline to whip in a cross, preferring to cut inside. This I think is Warnock's preferred tactic, I suspect because he feels we don't have the height or arial type strikers to get on the end of crosses.
                          This can be supported by Cook playing on the right recently when coming off the bench.

Of course, that tactic does make it much easier for defenders to cope with the threat of our wide players. Basically, they defend against the cut in and force Hogan or Lee down the touchline where they don't want to go, inevtiably losing possesion or having to release the ball.

Comment

Hogan brings nothing to the team, he runs around in circles, has no left foot, can't beat his man, is predictable. Go out on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_rich View Post
                              pace...not so sure
                              good cross... when did he last get an ssist? Please answer this because I simply cannot remember
                              Weak and for god sake you're a well paid professional learn how to kick with your left bloody foot
                              when was the last time a striker got on the end of a cross? there is never anybody in the bloody box to cross to.

if you sit pitch side you can see the quality he puts in

Comment

Working...
                              X