No announcement yet.

Palace close to meltdown - QPR related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe a football couldn't care less if another club went out of business. I would hate to see Palace, Luton go or even Watford who are my Chelsea !

Comment

footballs have feelings...

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
        They wouldn't let him change the name to Crizzle Palace.

Word.

Wouldn't mind seeing em spiral down a few divisions but definately not out of business.

Dont think I'd want anyone to go kaput, maybe Cardiff (or just send them back to the Welsh leagues)

Comment

must be something about orange men who run football clubs!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qprsouth View Post
            must be something about orange men who run football clubs!!!!!!
            ...and here I was thinking that all orange men had a 'glowing' reputation.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Although it would not be nice to see clubs folding, I think its going to start happening. With the financial world the way it is there's going to be a shortage of investors willing to put their money in to smaller clubs.The big clubs are getting richer and the small one's poorer.

Comment

I must admit that its not looking to good for us at the moment and we have found ourselves in a situation in which both the Gods of the footballing and wider business world have colluded to mean that we are well and truly in the ****.

Part of me actually thinks that us going out of business would not be that bad because we would form an AFC Palace or similar and get a chance to start all over again but I concede that this is a rose tinted attempt to cover up what would be, in all reality, an utter disaster for us.

I dont honestly think anybody really knows whats happening at the moment, including the Administrators and without wanting to bore you with all the gorey details I think that there is a lot of **** to come out of all of this.

I dont actually blame any of you for speculating about our downfall meaning that you get to pick players up on the cheap because the reality of the situation is that it is all business at the end of the day and I am sure we would not hesistate to try and get the best bargains we could either if the roles were reversed.

As to the Acadamey well that has been a mixed blessing. Us getting turned over by Spurs and their accolytes within footballs administration over Bostock for me shows that its not worth trying to really develop grass-roots talent because of how the Premiership is structured to just benefit those who are members of it but I concede that this is a cynical POV and if you have the money then you could do far worse than use it as a blue-print for your own.

Probably going to make this my last post on here because its obvious that our clubs are going in different directions for the next few years and I cannot even really ask for much sympathy because we have been done up like kippers by both Jordan and Goldberg and for all their faults they were one of our own. Dont make it any easier to swallow but I believe both had our best interests at heart but just lacked what it took to actually run the club. Who amongst us aint dreamed of taking the reins ?

All I would say is this. Dont think that the Premier League is the dream land. I know you have been there and I know it will be easy to dismiss this as just a case of sour grapes but for me being in it is not as good as this division in terms of what it means to be a supporter.

For me the Premier League does not want 'fans'. It wants customers. It wants people with more loyalty to the brand than the product. Maybe football has evolved that way and that its me who is the Dinosaur. But I loathe it with a passion and feel that its just becoming another part of the entertainment 'industry' as opposed to something that people can really invest their heart and souls into.

But the promotion ride itself is a good one and I reckon you will be right up there in the mix yourselves next season.

Just be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Got to feel for any football fan who has devoted their time and money to supporting their club, only to see it fold. Doesn't matter who the team is.

For those who want clubs to fail, how many is the right number, 91?

Comment

All the best Palace!! Sincerely!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleforlife View Post
                      I must admit that its not looking to good for us at the moment and we have found ourselves in a situation in which both the Gods of the footballing and wider business world have colluded to mean that we are well and truly in the ****.

Part of me actually thinks that us going out of business would not be that bad because we would form an AFC Palace or similar and get a chance to start all over again but I concede that this is a rose tinted attempt to cover up what would be, in all reality, an utter disaster for us.

I dont honestly think anybody really knows whats happening at the moment, including the Administrators and without wanting to bore you with all the gorey details I think that there is a lot of **** to come out of all of this.

I dont actually blame any of you for speculating about our downfall meaning that you get to pick players up on the cheap because the reality of the situation is that it is all business at the end of the day and I am sure we would not hesistate to try and get the best bargains we could either if the roles were reversed.

As to the Acadamey well that has been a mixed blessing. Us getting turned over by Spurs and their accolytes within footballs administration over Bostock for me shows that its not worth trying to really develop grass-roots talent because of how the Premiership is structured to just benefit those who are members of it but I concede that this is a cynical POV and if you have the money then you could do far worse than use it as a blue-print for your own.

Probably going to make this my last post on here because its obvious that our clubs are going in different directions for the next few years and I cannot even really ask for much sympathy because we have been done up like kippers by both Jordan and Goldberg and for all their faults they were one of our own. Dont make it any easier to swallow but I believe both had our best interests at heart but just lacked what it took to actually run the club. Who amongst us aint dreamed of taking the reins ?

All I would say is this. Dont think that the Premier League is the dream land. I know you have been there and I know it will be easy to dismiss this as just a case of sour grapes but for me being in it is not as good as this division in terms of what it means to be a supporter.

For me the Premier League does not want 'fans'. It wants customers. It wants people with more loyalty to the brand than the product. Maybe football has evolved that way and that its me who is the Dinosaur. But I loathe it with a passion and feel that its just becoming another part of the entertainment 'industry' as opposed to something that people can really invest their heart and souls into.

But the promotion ride itself is a good one and I reckon you will be right up there in the mix yourselves next season.

top post, i dont like palace but just remember people that we were in the s*** a few years ago. No team deserves to go out of business (except chelsea) and it must be hard to swallow that after all loyalty and following of the club have been screwed over by a few t*ts. League 1 isn't too bad anyway, you should be back up in a few seasons (depending on whether or not you get investment). It's a shame to see a club in a state like this but as you say business is business. I have nothing personal against palace and I hope you get those mugs out of your club (like we had the orange one). Good luck for the future, whatever league your in.

Qpr-Buzsaky
                      Last edited by qpr-buzsaky; 15-04-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleforlife View Post

From one football fan, who just happens to support Queen's Park Rangers, to another football fan, who just happens to support Crystal Palace, I hope everything turns out alright in the end, mate.

Comment

yeah its crazy look at man utd 700 million in debt??? if it was QPR or palace, they would be gone a long time ago , look at poor chester city,
                          QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Working...
                          X