Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace close to meltdown - QPR related

Dont move this.

Crystal Palace are understood to be just three weeks away from meltdown.

The 1990 FA Cup finalists, just a point above the Championship drop zone, are nowhere near finding a desperately-needed new buyer which means:

- Manager Paul Hart is set to quit to join the Spurs coaching staff at the end of the season.

- First Team coach John Pemberton will leave for Sheffield United.

- The much-vaunted Palace Academy is set to be scrapped in early May due to a lack of funding.

- The Eagles could be forced into a groundshare, with their Selhurst Park home at risk.

Club insiders even fear administrator Brendan Guilfoyle, charged with finding a new buyer, will quit once the money runs out to pay him at the end of the season.

Palace were put into administration earlier this season because hedge fund company Agilo was owed £4.3million.

Former owner Simon Jordan's ten-year-reign came to an end on January 26 when the administrators were called in.

Neil Warnock then quit to take over at Queen's Park Rangers with four Palace players - Julian Speroni, Neil Danns, Darren Ambrose and Nathaniel Cline - set to join him at the end of the season.

And MirrorFootball understands that, three months on, there is no new investment forthcoming.

Millionaire Palace fan Steve Parish had been regarded as the favourite to assume control.

He has connections with the club through his advertising design and production company, Tag Worldwide, whose name has been on Palace's shirts. But no deal is in sight and a clutch of developers are awaiting the club's fate on the pitch at the end of the season.

Administration meant the club were deducted ten points, plunging them from play-off contention into the relegation fight. Palace travel to Derby on Saturday.

Should they go down then the developers will challenge the determination of Croydon Council to keep Selhurst Park as the area's sporting venue.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle392571.html

Christ, I actually feel sorry for them.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
      Christ, I actually feel sorry for them.
      I don't feel sorry, and I don't feel pleased either.

Don't really care either way to be honest, but if it was Watford... :yush:

Comment

As much as I don't like Palarse I don't want to see them go out of business. I can't believe no one wants to invest in them (London club and all).

Ground share and sell their ground would make best sense imo. Perhaps Brighton might do the honours
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Get on the phone to Flavio Braitore QUICK!

He can buy the gaff, install someone (can't quite think who), as DoF and then run the whole shebang head first into another tail spin.

Whenever questioned I'm sure he'll come up with another witty rhetoric along the lines of "If it wasn't for us there'd be no more CPFC, we're you're saviours so shut up - pay £50 a game - and settle for the place becoming a laughing stock"

It's a novel idea.......
          I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

It's no secret my hatred for Palace, but I'd never wish that on them. I have plenty of close friends who follow Palace and are as passionate about their club as I am with mine. I hope they get through this. It's not a nice feeling.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

would not wish this on anyone , apart from c.f.c of course,
              QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Gutted about this.

I really wish them the best and I hope they stay up.

Staying up is a must now for them as if they get relegated I can't see anyone touching them.

Really sad news and this is tending to happen on to many ocassions.

I am glad Southampton have pulled through and things look very rosy for them.

We don't have serious issue's with Palace like some would make out.

The sc um is cardiff city who will cause trouble on sat.
                Palace are a decent family run club and it is very very sad news.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

That would mean we wont have to pay that much money for the players that Warnock wants. Its not a nice situation they are in, but put the hankies away and do you think they would give a toss if it was us ?

Comment

wtf? I will ignore you on this issue.

Talk about pulling out the Dagger to slit the throat.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                      That would mean we wont have to pay that much money for the players that Warnock wants. Its not a nice situation they are in, but put the hankies away and do you think they would give a toss if it was us ?
                      i think you have a point there,
                      QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by fazer vic View Post
                        i think you have a point there,
                        Yeah a very selfish one.

Comment

The only saving grace would be their academy, without that their is no future for Palace.

I hope they stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            wtf? I will ignore you on this issue.

Talk about pulling out the Dagger to slit the throat.
                            Its not me that is pulling out the dagger to slit their throat, its the orange ***** who ran his business so badly that has done that.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Yeah a very selfish one.
                              Get a grip man and remember what Donald Trump says, "its nothing personal, its business"

Comment

Working...
                              X