No announcement yet.

Let's end the Ramage debate now........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's end the Ramage debate now........

he had one of his few decent games for us on Sat against a side playing one upfront who has a terrible goal scoring record.

Ramage has now been with us for 2 seasons and has been a big part of why we have done so badly in the last 2 years.

Some people on here are getting so excited that he could be the man to do a job at centre half next season...........laughable. The man is not good enough. Nice bloke, maybe, but simply not the answer for us to move forward.

If he stays and plays in one year we'll all be moaning about him again, plus season ticket prices and how we've failed to gain promotion.....again.

If we are serious about getting promotion we have to get of the average players in the side like Ramage, Stewart and Leigterwood who have had more than enough cahnces to try and help us progress.

If they stay, then next season will be a repeat of this season.

Back the manager and if we have to pay higher wages then so be it. It has worked for Newcastle, West Brom and Forest.

You CANNOT go up with a side which has players like Hill, Stewart, Gorks, Ramage, Ephraim, Mahon, Leigterwood, Vine, Agymang and Hall etc.

We need some real quality in the side. And I think 8 or 9 players.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

we can't have an entire squad of prem quality players... 1) its hard to attract them to our club with its current reputation 2) finding these players is very difficult 3) our wage and transfer budget won't allow it

This means we have to have supposedly weaker, less talented players. Ramage is less talented, we all know that, but I'd much rather have him out there than say Ephraim. He really gives his all and is willing to get stuck in. I think he's the exact sort of person you'd want to work with and he loves his football.

We can all #### off his pace etc but it's hardly like the players around him are covering themselves in glory. The way he nicked in ahead of John off the ball to header it showed how much he was enjoying being out there and that's exactly what i want to see.

he's never going to be a star player but supporting QPR is based on pride and I feel much prouder hearing Ramage's name before kick off than some of our other 'footballers' who refuse to header or tackle or show any sort of desire

That's my 2 cents worth anyway

Comment

We can get rid or he can stay as backup for connoly, gorkks, stewart and s.hittu (if rumours are to be believed) and legs can be backup for a new right back (clyne hopefully). Would not want him as 1st choice at all

Comment

I'd rather not end the debate now if that's ok with you?

Ramage was a typical Paladini signing, bring in a CB and play him at RB. As NW calls it, one of many square pegs in round holes. The guy came to us in good faith and has been asked to play out of position, almost immediately due to our mismanagement. The jury is definitely out and I hope he get a run a CB and he can get his career back on track.

He deserves applause for doing his bit for the team thus far, not criticism!

Comment

I don't think it's fair to assess Ramage properly until he's had another couple of games at CB, his proper position

Comment

rambos a legend
            ones things for sure if he isnt tech good playing out of position
            he gives it his all every game and puts in a hell alot more effort than some of the out n out CB we have

GET RID OF HALL KEEP RAMAGE!

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Much better option than Stewart and the way Gorkss has played this season (no, i'm not writing him off as I'm a fan of his) he could prove better than him. I feel he deserves a go.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Much better option than Stewart and the way Gorkss has played this season (no, i'm not writing him off as I'm a fan of his) he could prove better than him. I feel he deserves a go.

Comment

heavily critasised and underated

ramage is a good player and still very young

thats the end of debate

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Yep, lets end the debate as its pretty laughable really. He has been our best and most consistent defender in recent weeks, and whilst not the most talented player we've seen, gives everything he has for us, which makes me rate him a lot more highly than some of our other players who don't come close to putting in the commitment he does.

Might be an idea to stop harping on about one player who you seem to have singled out for criticism, despite doing his best for us when continuously played out of position and as far as I am aware, has done so without complaining about it as he is happy to do his bit for the team.

Comment

not first choice but good to have as a backup. lot of champ clubs would want him in their squads imo
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Yep, lets end the debate as its pretty laughable really. He has been our best and most consistent defender in recent weeks, and whilst not the most talented player we've seen, gives everything he has for us, which makes me rate him a lot more highly than some of our other players who don't come close to putting in the commitment he does.

Might be an idea to stop harping on about one player who you seem to have singled out for criticism, despite doing his best for us when continuously played out of position and as far as I am aware, has done so without complaining about it as he is happy to do his bit for the team.
                        legendary post, could of hit the nail on the head harder and more precise either :drunk:

Comment

Good squad player, though we do need to press on.

Great attitude and been our best defender in the last month, despite fans giving him a very hard time for at least a year.
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

[QUOTE=HammersmithR;333494]he had one of his few decent games for us on Sat against a side playing one upfront who has a terrible goal scoring record.

Ramage has now been with us for 2 seasons and has been a big part of why we have done so badly in the last 2 years.

Some people on here are getting so excited that he could be the man to do a job at centre half next season...........laughable. The man is not good enough. Nice bloke, maybe, but simply not the answer for us to move forward.

If he stays and plays in one year we'll all be moaning about him again, plus season ticket prices and how we've failed to gain promotion.....again.

If we are serious about getting promotion we have to get of the average players in the side like Ramage, Stewart and Leigterwood who have had more than enough cahnces to try and help us progress.

QUOTE]

It's true he has had two seasons at QPR and not really impressed.

However, how many games has he had as a centre half?

As far as I can tell, the answer is one...against Palace and he had one of his best games for QPR. It may be a coincdence that it was against a side not that good, but they had won their last two games and scored 5 goals in them.

I think Warnock should play him at centre half against Cardiff, Watford, Barnsley and Newcastle and then we can be better placed to judge him.

I do take your point about average players though. It is no coincidence that both Newcastle and West Brom have won promotion back to the Prem League at the 1st attempt.

QPR need players of similar quality to be able to match their achievement of winning promotion with 3 or 4 games to spare.

For me, Speroni, Ambrose, Danns & Clyne along with Shittu, Hooper, Tosic and permanent deals for Taarabt and Simpson would go some way to building the squad capable of winning promotion next season.

A quality target man like James Beattie or Jason Roberts would also provide a qaulity strikeforce for QPR.

Heaton would be a great keeper to challenge Speroni.

I would say spending somewhere in the region of £10-12M would bring these players to QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                              he had one of his few decent games for us on Sat against a side playing one upfront who has a terrible goal scoring record.

If they stay, then next season will be a repeat of this season.

Back the manager and if we have to pay higher wages then so be it. It has worked for Newcastle, West Brom and Forest.

You CANNOT go up with a side which has players like Hill, Stewart, Gorks, Ramage, Ephraim, Mahon, Leigterwood, Vine, Agymang and Hall etc.

We need some real quality in the side. And I think 8 or 9 players.
                              To be fair you have a good point, but I would like to see Ramage at centre half for the remaining 4 games just to see how he does... Afterall we need a team of 24 players.

Comment

Working...
                              X