Match Report From Leicester City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Report From Leicester City

Before we set off today, many were indicating that teams below us in the league had realised they were in a relegation dogfight and the QPR players had taken the foot off the pedal, somehow believing we were safe from the drop.

After today, make no mistake the players need to realise we need a win and a draw to be safe, any thoughts of a nice summer holiday need to be put on the back burner, the players need to step up to the plate.

The first half today we matched a Leicester city side gunning for the play offs, really not much between us, we played some nice stuff but all players should realise that its okay to play the pretty stuff, but when it comes to gettting stuck in, we are pretty woeful and I am totally disgusted with some of the players, especially in the second half.

Gorkss..Stop ball watching and stay in your postion, you are your former self. Being out muscled and couldn't tackle of a burglar to the floor at the moment
    Leigterwood..Stay an extra hour every training this week, pass a ball to a palyer that is 5 foot away, because this basic cretaria of being a midfielder you have forgotten.
    Stewart..You have great physical presence, use it. Never seen you barged off the ball, like you have in the last few games.
    Hill..You need to grow a few inches
    Cook..Okay, not your rightful position, but would like to see you to put in a tackle. Made one good one in the first half, but that was it.
    Tarrabt..If things are not going right for you, don;t drop you shoulders and give the impression you don;t give a s.hit. You have great natural ability, incredibly frustrating to watch sometimes, but keep doing the things you are good at.
    Hogan..Move and find space , as today you ran like a headless chicken without using your natural ability, you rightfully got the nod over Cook recently but you seem to have gone back into your shell after two poor perfromances

The only player who comes out with any credit in making tackles is Leigterwood, shame he cannot pass a ball to a QPR player. A captain has to lead by example, but if you cannot pass the ball 5 yards you have big problems and today he couldn't. In normal seasons our captain would be close to getting the Player Of The Year. He has much chance of winning, the POTY as I have of getting a call up by Warnock to making the starting 11 for next Saturday's game against Crystal Palace.

Warnock surprisingly dropped Priskin and played Cook on the right wing? I do not know the fascination in playing Cook on the right and playing Hogan on the left. The only time Hogan moved to the right, was when Cook was substiuted!!

Back to the first half, Gorkss got caught for the first goal, though Stewart got outmuscled as well for the goal. The second goal on half time, was an unjustice, as we did not deserve to go in 2-0 down. Ikeme should have just whacked the ball out of play or up field, but passed it almost directly to Martyn Waghorn who only had hit the ball straight into the goal for the 2nd.

If we were unlucky to go in 2-0 down, no excuses can be given for a totally inept second half performance. I am totally bemused why Warnock would put Damion Stewart up front !! He will point to not having a target man, which makes it all the more bemusing why he does not sacrifice a loan player for Bent or play to our strengths and play the ball on the ground. Why the need to kick the ball from goal up 10 miles in the air, is beyond me.

Gorkss is going missing and its a big worry, that one of our major players this season is starting to look vulernable to pace and and anyone who jumps in the air with him, Stewart is not much better, but , with him acting as a striker on the instructions of Warnock, we have major worries and concerns for the remaining games of the season. Fair to say Jay Simpson looks unfit or disinterested, hard to know which. He has been very poor in the last 2 games.

Lets not forget we beat WBA 3-1 at home pretty much with the same set of players and this is not a time to be tinkering or finding new formations! Our defence today looked shaky and rocky and it comes to something if yet again we are saying that Ramage was out best defender. In midfield Legiterwood, who I have backed all season, was woeful. He has trouble with the basic skill of passing, have no problem with him tackling and running back, but he is slowly turning inot a older and mature Marcus Bean.

Two players yet again probably are to good for this team in Faurlin and Tarrabt, though the latter was at fault for the 3rd goal. He tried to walk the ball into the Leicester goal and was easily tackled which led to a quick breakaway and a great finish again cfrom Waghorn. Gorkss was again outjumped by Howard for the 4th goal. Having struggled against a similar player in Parkin against Preston, his all round game is taking a battering. Hill is not totally blameless and the more he plays, I just cannot see the point in bringing in Tosic !!

I am so peed off that so many QPR fans made the effort to spend again, take time out again, leave their families in many cases to see such a woeful performance, especially in the second half. Okay, the players can be apportioned blame and rightly so, but Warnock got this tactically wrong. He has great experience at this level and will come good, but make no mistake we are in big danger at the moment. This team are low on confidence and we are tinkering at the wrong time and not playing to our strengths..

ratings to follow
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Top report

Comment

Good report. The captain should always be one of the players being mentioned to win player of the season. I haven't heard one fan mention Leigterwood's name. He is just not good enough. His first touch is shocking, his passing is woeful and his awareness and distribution is ****. The muppet at QPR who gave him a new contract needs to be sent to the gulag! I give up watching him every week!
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

The most important (and worrying thing) in your report Pete is that we do not have a target man but Warnock insists on hoofing the ball up to whoever happens to be there.

We have some great players when it comes to keeping possession and playing that game, why don't we play to our strengths? I'd like to see at Palace a passing game, as they are far better than us at the physical game. I'd like to see:

Cerny
        Ramage, Connolly (if fit), Stewart, Tosic
        Balanta, Faurlin, Buzsaky, Cook
        Tarabbt
        Bent

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Before we set off today, many were indicating that teams below us in the league had realised they were in a relegation dogfight and the QPR players had taken the foot off the pedal, somehow believing we were safe from the drop.

After today, make no mistake the players need to realise we need a win and a draw to be safe, any thoughts of a nice summer holiday need to be put on the back burner, the players need to step up to the plate.

The first half today we matched a Leicester city side gunning for the play offs, really not much between us, we played some nice stuff but all players should realise that its okay to play the pretty stuff, but when it comes to gettting stuck in, we are pretty woeful and I am totally disgusted with some of the players, especially in the second half.

Gorkss..Stop ball watching and stay in your postion, you are your former self. Being out muscled and couldn't tackle of a burglar to the floor at the moment
          Leigterwood..Stay an extra hour every training this week, pass a ball to a palyer that is 5 foot away, because this basic cretaria of being a midfielder you have forgotten.
          Stewart..You have great physical presence, use it. Never seen you barged off the ball, like you have in the last few games.
          Hill..You need to grow a few inches
          Cook..Okay, not your rightful position, but would like to see you to put in a tackle. Made one good one in the first half, but that was it.
          Tarrabt..If things are not going right for you, don;t drop you shoulders and give the impression you don;t give a s.hit. You have great natural ability, incredibly frustrating to watch sometimes, but keep doing the things you are good at.
          Hogan..Move and find space , as today you ran like a headless chicken without using your natural ability, you rightfully got the nod over Cook recently but you seem to have gone back into your shell after two poor perfromances

The only player who comes out with any credit in making tackles is Leigterwood, shame he cannot pass a ball to a QPR player. A captain has to lead by example, but if you cannot pass the ball 5 yards you have big problems and today he couldn't. In normal seasons our captain would be close to getting the Player Of The Year. He has much chance of winning, the POTY as I have of getting a call up by Warnock to making the starting 11 for next Saturday's game against Crystal Palace.

Warnock surprisingly dropped Priskin and played Cook on the right wing? I do not know the fascination in playing Cook on the right and playing Hogan on the left. The only time Hogan moved to the right, was when Cook was substiuted!!

Back to the first half, Gorkss got caught for the first goal, though Stewart got outmuscled as well for the goal. The second goal on half time, was an unjustice, as we did not deserve to go in 2-0 down. Ikeme should have just whacked the ball out of play or up field, but passed it almost directly to Martyn Waghorn who only had hit the ball straight into the goal for the 2nd.

If we were unlucky to go in 2-0 down, no excuses can be given for a totally inept second half performance. I am totally bemused why Warnock would put Damion Stewart up front !! He will point to not having a target man, which makes it all the more bemusing why he does not sacrifice a loan player for Bent or play to our strengths and play the ball on the ground. Why the need to kick the ball from goal up 10 miles in the air, is beyond me.

Gorkss is going missing and its a big worry, that one of our major players this season is starting to look vulernable to pace and and anyone who jumps in the air with him, Stewart is not much better, but , with him acting as a striker on the instructions of Warnock, we have major worries and concerns for the remaining games of the season. Fair to say Jay Simpson looks unfit or disinterested, hard to know which. He has been very poor in the last 2 games.

Lets not forget we beat WBA 3-1 at home pretty much with the same set of players and this is not a time to be tinkering or finding new formations! Our defence today looked shaky and rocky and it comes to something if yet again we are saying that Ramage was out best defender. In midfield Legiterwood, who I have backed all season, was woeful. He has trouble with the basic skill of passing, have no problem with him tackling and running back, but he is slowly turning inot a older and mature Marcus Bean.

Two players yet again probably are to good for this team in Faurlin and Tarrabt, though the latter was at fault for the 3rd goal. He tried to walk the ball into the Leicester goal and was easily tackled which led to a quick breakaway and a great finish again cfrom Waghorn. Gorkss was again outjumped by Howard for the 4th goal. Having struggled against a similar player in Parkin against Preston, his all round game is taking a battering. Hill is not totally blameless and the more he plays, I just cannot see the point in bringing in Tosic !!

I am so peed off that so many QPR fans made the effort to spend again, take time out again, leave their families in many cases to see such a woeful performance, especially in the second half. Okay, the players can be apportioned blame and rightly so, but Warnock got this tactically wrong. He has great experience at this level and will come good, but make no mistake we are in big danger at the moment. This team are low on confidence and we are tinkering at the wrong time and not playing to our strengths..

ratings to follow
          Well summed up Pete,not a bad turn out by us fans but yet again the team let us all down

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
            The most important (and worrying thing) in your report Pete is that we do not have a target man but Warnock insists on hoofing the ball up to whoever happens to be there.

We have some great players when it comes to keeping possession and playing that game, why don't we play to our strengths? I'd like to see at Palace a passing game, as they are far better than us at the physical game. I'd like to see:

Cerny
            Tarabbt
            Bent

Thoughts?
            Too late in the season to start playing a tactic Warnock doesn't do. Your midfield is powder puff and full of fairies. They won't win a battle at a place like Palace.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Thanks for the report Pete.

why he does not sacrifice a loan player for Bent
              Any news on his whereabouts?

A LOT of people want and have a right to know.

Comment

Cerny
                Tarabbt
                Bent

Thoughts?
                Colin wont play pretty football...agree Bent should be played.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

legs is poor wot can we do? Only buz or hogan can replace him,i have to say the home game 2nd half v ipswich buz was good in centre mid,and is natural position

Comment

I am sure he will point to not having a target man, the idea is to get a in behind the defence using intricate passing. We did that in the first half, where if Cook had been right footed sure he would have scored, I even think Hogan or Priskin would have scored it. If you have a left footer, then unless I know nothing about football, he should play on the left?

If he feels that by getting out of the trouble we need to do the hoof ball to Stewart, then I worry about the remaining games. he made the point of not playing the loan players until we are safe, at this rate that won't be secured even by the last game against Newcastle United.

Don't think its helped saying we are already looking at the close season and all loans will go back, because we are pinning our hopes on these players and as yet they are not delivering
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Cerny
                      Tarabbt
                      Bent

Thoughts?
                      4-0 palace with that midfield. Where's your ball winner?

Comment

I htink we need to play the best footballers, tell them to go out and play, keep the ball, be incisive when needed and just outscore them.

Comment

Stanley 76, not sure about the whereabouts of Bent, will try and find out in next few days. he would be suited to the hoofball and has far as I know, is being left out completely.

Comment

I htink we need to play the best footballers, tell them to go out and play, keep the ball, be incisive when needed and just outscore them.
                            the day colin says go out and keep the ball, play football etc will be the day hell freezes over.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Stanley 76, not sure about the whereabouts of Bent, will try and find out in next few days. he would be suited to the hoofball and has far as I know, is being left out completely.
                              Thanks. It really is quite mysterious. Some kind of statement should be made, or at the least it should be asked in the press-conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X