Who gave Leigterwood a new contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gave Leigterwood a new contract?

They need shooting! I am sick and tired of watching him play.

1. He can't pass!

2. His first touch is shocking!

3. His distribution is dreadful!

4. His awareness is poor.

5. He is a headless chicken at times.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Who knows. Whoever it was I dispair I really do.

Comment

I see all this criticism of Lighterwood and I've been watching him more recently. The only player with credentials to be captain in our side at the moment, when others tire after 75 minutes he show he is fitter than any other player we have, statiscally runs more miles during a game than any other of our players.

Would be good to be behind our captain, instead of s.lagging him off at every opportunity.

Seems players like Gorkss can be exempt from any critiscim
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        I see all this criticism of Lighterwood and I've been watching him more recently. The only player with credentials to be captain in our side at the moment, when others tire after 75 minutes he show he is fitter than any other player we have, statiscally runs more miles during a game than any other of our players.

Would be good to be behind our captain, instead of s.lagging him off at every opportunity.

Pete, how can you rate Leigterwood?

He has had another poor season. Your captain should always be one of the names that are mentioned to win player of the season. Ever since he has been here his name has never been mentioned. Very average player.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Leigterwood is the best RB in the squad.

He shouldn't be playing centre mid but he is our best option at RB.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

So who should be taking responsibility for that then, Warnock can only work with what he has got. 50 odd transfers and we have failed to sign one leader other than Gavin Mahon who is no more than a squad player. Don't give me Rowlands either because he isn't no leader. Its about time you started excepting the catastrophic failure of the transfer dealings of our former DOF.

Oh and Legiertwood can run all day but if he cannot use a football as expected then he is about as much use as a chocolate teacup.

Comment

If I could put my finger on why a team can beat Reading, Preston and Barnsley with ease, go to WBA and Newcastle and could have won both and look at the team now playing hoofball and nothing compared to the form of October, then I would.

Think the injuries of Rowlands and Mahon have made a big difference and lack of mangerial leadership for that 2 month period has a bigger bearing on our current postion, then anything else.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Disgrace the bloke has been given a new contract....hopefully wont be any more than a squad player next season cos if he isnt and he makes it into the starting eleven then that means our owners have again failed to realize ambition and sign somebody decent enough to take his place..

Comment

If I could my finger on why a team can beat Reading, Preston and Barnsley with ease, go to WBA and Newcastle and could have won both and look at the team now playing hoofball and nothing compared to the form of October, then I would.

Think the injuries of Rowlands and Mahon have made a big difference and lack of mangerial leadership for that 2 month period has a bigger bearing on our current postion, then anything else.

We still have shortcomings, which is why we're not yet safe. But those awful zero-commitment performances prior to Warnock's appointment are why we are where we are.

Comment

If I could my finger on why a team can beat Reading, Preston and Barnsley with ease, go to WBA and Newcastle and could have won both and look at the team now playing hoofball and nothing compared to the form of October, then I would.

Give it a rest about October FFS, the teams we played were in bad form for the best part. You would also expect a few good performances in a season of 46 games wouldn't you.

You base your whole arguments on 4-6 games, its laughable, we have a s.hite squad and the reality is we need to lose about 11 players this summer. If we stay up, it will take 2 years to rebuild, Warnock is in reality achieving what Sousa did with a poor squad of players thus we are seeing the same kind of results (with the same entertainment values).

Stop making excuses and face the fact that we have made no progress in the past 2.5 years and one of the main reasons why is Paladini and we will still be feeling the effects of his legacy for another 12 months.
                    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 04-04-2010, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      Give it a rest about October FFS, the teams we played were in bad form for the best part. You would also expect a few good performances in a season of 46 games wouldn't you.

You base your whole arguments on 4-6 games, its laughable, we have a s.hite squad and the reality is we need to lose about 11 players this summer. If we stay up, it will take 2 years to rebuild, Warnock is in reality achieving what Sousa did with a poor squad of players thus we are seeing the same kind of results (with the same entertainment values).

Stop making excuses and face the fact that we have made no progress in the past 2.5 years and one of the main reasons why is Paladini and we will still be feeling the effects of his legacy for another 12 months.
                      You can't say that on here, behave will you

Comment

Maybe you can put your finger on the fact that in only 1 of those games mentioned, Leigertwood played in midfield(WBA). Same goes for the away wins at Cardiff, Sheff Wed and Derby. Probably a big coincidence eh???

Squad player at best, and I can't see him beeing in Warnock's plans for next season

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
                          Maybe you can put your finger on the fact that in only 1 of those games mentioned, Leigertwood played in midfield(WBA). Same goes for the away wins at Cardiff, Sheff Wed and Derby. Probably a big coincidence eh???

Squad player at best, and I can't see him beeing in Warnock's plans for next season
                          Nice one mate, good research

Comment

Legs is the best RB in this squad. Connolly should be playing as a centre back in place of Stewart
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Would rather Warnock to Sousa, in fact I would rather Steve Mclaren, but going back to the subject we were 4th in November and the style of football was very good and we have offloaded players since then. Selling Routledge was not a good move, but that was the decision ultimately of the owner at the time. As for going back, not the right thing to do now, as history books will contain all exact and relevant information on how we let the Play offs slip last season and he could be doing the same this season with Swansea. W12 ranger I think you were charmed when you met him and a great player of his time and your views are never going to change.

Biggest loss on the player side this season was losing Mahon and Rowlands who were in fine form and not get the manager replacement right with Hart and Harford after Magilton left.

Players like Simpson, Gorkss were in fine form early part of the season and their form has dipped. You cannot legislate for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X