Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something I'm missing (Ephraim)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something I'm missing (Ephraim)

I really would like to see something in him that everyone else seems to see, but I don't get it. He's weak, he has no left foot whatsoever, he has no spark, and all he ever does is the very bland average stuff. When did he last assist a goal?

Could someone please give me a pointer as to what I should be looking out for because all I see every week is a distinctively average player who can only do the most basic of things, whilst contributing nothing to the physical side of the game which is so crucial in a relegation scrap.

No mate - I'm with you. He's had chance after chance and am yet to see him do anything significant in a match. Hardly ever even tries to beat his man and can't cross.

Cookie has to sit and watch!!
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Well imo he knows he shouldn't take on the full back because he'll be beaten for pace and outmuscled. Now a winger who knows he's not good enough to take on the fullback doesn't sound very useful to me. GET RID

Comment

No, You're not missing anything he's just not particularly good, he works hard but that's about it, he doesn't have the speed or skill needed to be a wigner and doesn't have the strength needed to play in the middle!

Comment

im fed up with him. he doesnt cross well, doesnt do anything well.

people say cook doesnt beat his man, but ephraim doesnt either. and the difference between him and cook is that cook still manages to get quality crosses into the box.

ephraim is just too lightweight.
          Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

thought he had one of his better games, battled hard and hit one excellent long-range pass, but yes generally I agree. He is one of the few players on here who normally escapes any serious criticism. I'm not for slating our players but must admit other than when he first came to us on loan (and our expectations were probably quite a lot lower then anyway) he has looked distinctly average. I can see you can only have so many flair players and need a bit of bustle in the side but is frustrating seeing Buz and Cook on the bench and him starting (not that Cookie exactly covered himself in glory, he seemed to fall over whenever the ball came near him).

Comment

Got to say I agree. I love his attitude but his end product leaves much to be desired. Buz has serously got to be a better option?

Comment

dont understand why people dont like him, spose footballs all about opinions like those who think gorkss is a good defender LOL ahem... i think he played well again today and has done a few times ive seen him in the last few games. also cook hasnt exactly set the world alight when hes replaced hogan so for me, im with warnock stick with him, hes definitely the best we have in that position at the moment. btw i like cook and i think he will come good again... just to clear that up

Comment

Just out of curiosity NW9 what do you see in him that suggests he deserves a starting place? I'm just sick of having players who are mentally and physically weak. I can kick better with my wrong foot than he can, and he is expected to win one challenge a game at maximum. I think we need to start assessing players equally because Priskin has contributed more than Ephraim has in recent weeks. Also, for the people with the stats, when was the last time Ephraim got a direct assist for a goal?

Comment

[QUOTE=JudoRanger;322953]im fed up with him. he doesnt cross well, doesnt do anything well.
                    QUOTE]

ephraim puts some of the best crosses into the box ive seen, just our strikers dont want to get on the end of them as they stand on the edge of the area.

beats his man nearly everytime, quality balls into the middle and plays it easy and to the right man. not often you see him do a taarabt and dwell on the ball and lose it, he moves it very fast anf efficiently. its not all about beating 100 men like taarabt, some things have to be basic and simple.

hes not helped by the fact taarabt wont pass to him, as he does to cook too.

Comment

[QUOTE=JudoRanger;322953] im fed up with him. he doesnt cross well, doesnt do anything well.
                      [QUOTE]

ephraim puts some of the best crosses into the box ive seen, just our strikers dont want to get on the end of them as they stand on the edge of the area.

beats his man nearly everytime, quality balls into the middle and plays it easy and to the right man. not often you see him do a taarabt and dwell on the ball and lose it, he moves it very fast anf efficiently. its not all about beating 100 men like taarabt, some things have to be basic and simple.

hes not helped by the fact taarabt wont pass to him, as he does to cook too.

Comment

Too weak, no left foot, no end product

Nice guy, but bye bye in the summer Hogan

Comment

hhrangers I agree with you that none of our strikers have 'strikers instinct' and that makes it much more difficult. However, Cook still finds a player in there every now and then and that applies to the majority of our wingers. When has Ephraim assisted a goal? Or for that matter when has Ephraim ever created a meaningful opportunity? He does the basics well but when that's all he has to offer, coupled with the fact that he wins nothing because his lack of physical presence, he shouldn't even be in our squad next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X