Please Neil sign Nigel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Sir Pie I respect your opinion, however there has been no suggestion that we are going on a massive spending spree. I appreciate that his contract is running out but the guy would want 60k a week min. Although I don't agree with this wage cap we will never pay a premiership wage and I think you need to lower your expectations.
    As I said in the opening comment I doubt he'd come to us but there are certain players we should be prepared to be shot down by. I'd rather Reo-Coker says no then to have never enquired. Even alluding to enquire about us will show other players we mean business even if we don't which can only work in our favour. If players think that you are "the" club to play for they lower their demands and want to play for you.

Would you be disappointed if we only ever went for mid table CCC players and never tried to get the very best? I know I would.

Comment

Afraid I agree with QPR12. I would love to be proved wrong but if we really are looking at Wolves reserves as QBP was suggesting a day or so ago think these players are way, way out of our league and even inquiring/ talking about them a) makes us look ludicrous when a load of Championship carthorses follow and b) only adds to the disappointment of fans who have been led up paths very similar to these so many times before. Unless Warnock is playing a very clever bluffing game and we are suddenly going to burst out of the blocks spraying money around then think we have to get back to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Afraid I agree with QPR12. I would love to be proved wrong but if we really are looking at Wolves reserves as QBP was suggesting a day or so ago think these players are way, way out of our league and even inquiring/ talking about them a) makes us look ludicrous when a load of Championship carthorses follow and b) only adds to the disappointment of fans who have been led up paths very similar to these so many times before. Unless Warnock is playing a very clever bluffing game and we are suddenly going to burst out of the blocks spraying money around then think we have to get back to reality.
        You know I respect your opinion but isn't Reo-Coker as unrealistic as Team Taraabt?

A player far too good for the CCC who could easily play at a higher level and would cost a lot to sign. If Nigel is unrealistic then Tarbs must be as well.

Comment

As you know I also respect your opinion Sir Pie. Tabs for me is more an aspiration than a prediction or a commitment (didnt new Labour used to say something similar...?) but I cd just about see it happening because he is a maverick who though likely to interest lots of clubs might in the final analysis be seen as too risky. NR-C, on the other hand, is surely likely to be snaffled by a Wigan or a Brum if he is off-loaded by Villa as he is an obvious, reliable proposition.
          But the broader q here that I don't think any of us know the answer to yet is how to pitch our aspirations. We have seen reports of a £10m budget while Gee has talked of £17m, and he has a pretty good, constant source. Under those circs a lot is poss. But then we hear talk of at best mediocre players on Bosmans and the like and Tarbs, R-C etc then all look like pipedreams. Fundamentally, we don't know whether Amit etc take remotely seriously Flavio's early talk of making this a major club, or whether his ambition is just to make us a greater Hull in a slightly more salubrious area. I for one don't have a clue about the strategic direction of QPR.

Comment

But what if players of a certain quality get a HUGE bonus if they manage to play us to premiership football. Wheter it is good management I dont know, but it could be a the way out of this div. Taraabt and Simpson and Faurlin aswell are players I would pay better than the rest.
            One or two seasons in C.C.wouldnt do them any harm would it really? We will soon enough be a prem team with players like those in the team. (Reo Cooker-Beatie-Taarabt - Simpson Faurlin.) Defenders arent that expensive I feel.

My humble view only.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              As you know I also respect your opinion Sir Pie. Tabs for me is more an aspiration than a prediction or a commitment (didnt new Labour used to say something similar...?) but I cd just about see it happening because he is a maverick who though likely to interest lots of clubs might in the final analysis be seen as too risky. NR-C, on the other hand, is surely likely to be snaffled by a Wigan or a Brum if he is off-loaded by Villa as he is an obvious, reliable proposition.
              But the broader q here that I don't think any of us know the answer to yet is how to pitch our aspirations. We have seen reports of a £10m budget while Gee has talked of £17m, and he has a pretty good, constant source. Under those circs a lot is poss. But then we hear talk of at best mediocre players on Bosmans and the like and Tarbs, R-C etc then all look like pipedreams. Fundamentally, we don't know whether Amit etc take remotely seriously Flavio's early talk of making this a major club, or whether his ambition is just to make us a greater Hull in a slightly more salubrious area. I for one don't have a clue about the strategic direction of QPR.
              You are right that time will tell as to what direction we are going. Warnock's first signing will say a lot. There are always a few decent Bosman's out there but if we sign the obvious duff one or bring in what is perceived to be lacking in quality then we can probably expect more of the same throughout the summer. I'm hoping that if we do open the cheque book that we will at least attempt to sign this type of player first before settling for our usual standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Controversy View Post
                I thought you was gonna say Quasie
                Thank ****, when i opened this thread 'Sign Nigel' i thought it was gonna be Quasie too.
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                X