Please Neil sign Nigel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Neil sign Nigel

The longer this season goes on the longer everyone realises we lack leadership. Leigertwood isn't a natural captain. Stewart isn't and nor is Gorkss. Ikeme doesn't demand authority nor does any other player.

We need leadership and for that reason I say Neil needs Nigel Reo-Coker. Born leader who is a Londoner and is massively out of favour with O'Neill. Has all the attributes required to lead us for many seasons to come. Would make an ideal partner for Faurlin and would be a massive improvement on Leigertwood, Mahon and even my favourite Martin Rowlands.

With his contract due to expire next season and having had a much publicised dispute with O'Neill I can't see Nigel staying on at Villa for too much longer. Is he too good for the CCC? IMO he is but money as well as location talks. The signing of Reo-Coker IMO would lead to more quality signings as players would have to take us serious.

Would be a fantastic signing, sadly cannot see him in the CCC anytime soon.

Comment

would expect wages to be a HUGE problem here.

if reports are right that kitson and beattie are on or wanting 30k n 40k reo-coker is worth more..
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

No way he'd come to the Rs anyhow we have our own leader ready to come back.

Comment

We're only making plans for Nigel.........................Quashie.

Comment

Would be a good signing, but his wage demands are not likely to be met by QPR, even if he was willing to drop down to CCC level.

QPR's central midfield pairing or threesome. is likely to be Faurlin, Danns and Ambrose .

Comment

would be a great signing

Comment

I thought you was gonna say Quasie

Comment

pmsl..........more chance of seeing nigel benn playing for us!!!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

How many thought James Beattie would sign for Sheffield United when he did?

Comment

beattie has never been as well-regarded as reo-coker though. also where did you get this notion about his great leadership skills? he's a pain in the backside usually.

anyway, never gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                        beattie has never been as well-regarded as reo-coker though. also where did you get this notion about his great leadership skills? he's a pain in the backside usually.

anyway, never gonna happen.
                        Was captain at West Ham aged just 20. Captain at Wimbledon whilst a teenager and England Under 21 Captain. Platt, Pearce, O'Neill and Pardew have all made him captain one time or another so the notion of his leadership abilities isn’t just what I think of him but what many other people think too.

As for the Beattie comparison, Reo-Coker has struggled to hold down a first team place just like Beattie was having and no Premiership came in for him so he moved to the Championship. I’m not saying he is an entirely realistic option but he is the sort of player we should go after and who knows he may, like Beattie, find that his career is at a crossroads and has a want for guaranteed first team. A few years ago he was on the verge of making the full England squad and now he can’t get a game and no team came in for him during the January transfer window.

Call me deluded but I think we could get him – he won’t be cheap – but neither was Beattie and he was a great success.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                          The longer this season goes on the longer everyone realises we lack leadership. Leigertwood isn't a natural captain. Stewart isn't and nor is Gorkss. Ikeme doesn't demand authority nor does any other player.

We need leadership and for that reason I say Neil needs Nigel Reo-Coker. Born leader who is a Londoner and is massively out of favour with O'Neill. Has all the attributes required to lead us for many seasons to come. Would make an ideal partner for Faurlin and would be a massive improvement on Leigertwood, Mahon and even my favourite Martin Rowlands.

With his contract due to expire next season and having had a much publicised dispute with O'Neill I can't see Nigel staying on at Villa for too much longer. Is he too good for the CCC? IMO he is but money as well as location talks. The signing of Reo-Coker IMO would lead to more quality signings as players would have to take us serious.

Quality shout fella but me thinks he'll cost somewhere in the region of £30-40k a week and IMO I think he is far too good for this division. Can see someone like Bolton or Wigan snapping him up due to his dispute with O'Neil, possibly even Celtic or Rangers up North!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                            Quality shout fella but me thinks he'll cost somewhere in the region of £30-40k a week and IMO I think he is far too good for this division. Can see someone like Bolton or Wigan snapping him up due to his dispute with O'Neil, possibly even Celtic or Rangers up North!
                            He has to move soon due to his contract being up next year and I've no doubt he has the ability to play for a Wigan, Bolton, Celtic or Rangers because he is a very good footballer. However, if we want Premiership football we will have to compete in the market and to do that we have to go out and spend good money on good players. Is £4.5m on Taraabt or £30k a week stupid amounts to try and ensure Premiership football or are they about right?

I wonder how much money Kevin Nolan has been earning week in and week out playing for Newcastle this season? Would Reo-Coker be a similar amount?

Comment

Sir Pie I respect your opinion, however there has been no suggestion that we are going on a massive spending spree. I appreciate that his contract is running out but the guy would want 60k a week min. Although I don't agree with this wage cap we will never pay a premiership wage and I think you need to lower your expectations.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X