No announcement yet.

Sensing a slight unrest currently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very difficult to play pretty football when teams come to loftus road which is a small pitch and camp 9 outfield players behind the ball in their own half. Swansea and derby have both come here on the defensive, cMped out and said 'break us down'. To do this you need options up front and be able to mix up the style of play. We saw this under magilton as we got found out after our 4 game streak when we were being touted for promotion. It's not something new, we just need a variety of different forwards to choose from. Our only aerial threat is german who is young and inexperienced. NW knows the score, I can't understand some supporters who expect us to be able to play champagne football week in week out. Especially with the likes
    of Stewart gorrks ramage hill and leigertwood in the side! Grinding out the results to safety is the priority and let neil get his players in duringthe summer. Next season we'll be up there.

Comment

I don't think our pitch is small, it's quite normal size. If you look at the grass cut patterns, there are 13 x 6 yard blocks (78 yds) from corner to corner flag. You get these yardage measurements from looking at the number of blocks from the goal line to the edge of the penalty area (going towards the halfway line). There are 3 of them, and being that the penalty area is 18 yards long, then they are 6 yards square.

It's only because the seating is very close to the pitch that it may look small. What used to make me laugh were arsenal fans saying that when we got our new stadium (emirates) the pitch was wider. It wasn't, it was exactly the same (78 yds), just more space around the pitch.

The Notts forest ground is narrower this season, and it shows from how much grass is outside the bylines to the seating, and this was a deliberate ploy as stated by BD to help his team play their own brand of "narrow football". I think it's 12 blocks wide (72 yds)

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
        I would have thought that working with the money available, determines the team strategy for the season. Maybe with a sizeable chunk to spend next season, NW will be able to play a different way as opposed to the suggested hoofball we might think we're in for?
        #

Well done and good post!

You think that it might occur to some others that the likes of NW actually shape the fotbally around the quality of the players!

Some out there think that we should try and play total footy with releagation hopefuls!... and also think that NW can only play one way!

Comment

The football is basically what I expected from a Warnock side, especially one down at the bottom end of the table.

It isn't pretty, but it can be effective. My main complaint would be hoofing the ball towards players who wont win many aerial challenges, i.e. Simpson, Vine, Cook & Ephraim. Priskin should win more challenges, but doesn't appear to jump well, or even look interested. Too much is expected of German who is a rookie. I would like to see him play as a sub for about 30 mins each game.

If QPR stay up, I expect Warnock will sign players more suited to his preferred style of play i.e. long balls out of defence and prettier football in the final 3rd.

For me this is preferable than watching Magilton's fancy football that would be inconsistant and ensure nothing but mid-table CCC football.

Comment

In my view, goals are the main aspect of good football. More precisely, i cant see the point in discussing different styles of fotball after what we have suffered the last seasons...
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
              50% of the people here are never happy so I wouldn't worry about it!
              I think you are half right.

Comment

you can't please all

honestly, a few weeks ago we were going down unless something was done..flav stepped aside and ishan came in
                warnock appointed and results improved..1 loss in 7 to a moody pen and weak ref, not bad.....

we can't become a brazil or manure in 4 weeks...also warnock is making do with an "inherited" squad but suddenly adel looks lively again and we are defending far better....
                CMON IT'S A MASSIVE STEP FORWARD.
                gates have gone up a bit....first, STAY UP
                second...close season will see how much the board will back nw
                third...he's given time to gel his squad and allowed time for them to produce results...you can lose 10 or so and still go up...
                fourth...fans must support team and board, as it's an "altogether" thing

Comment

yep agree mr m good shout

Comment

Working...
                  X