No announcement yet.

Taarabt Interview with the Standard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taarabt Interview with the Standard....

here http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ned-arsenal.do

Nice - says he wishes he'd never joined Tottenham and played for Arsenal instead. Way to get your employers onside!!

He is not fast enough to play for Arsenal.

Comment

i don't think that Taarabt could make it more clear that we have no chance of signing him.

play him until we're safe, and then crack out the youth team players such as Balanta, German, Oastler and co to see what they've got to offer.
      RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

hope he is not regretting that interview in a years time;not sure about him playing for madrid or any other top side in europe.

Comment

I like his honesty, great player.

"I look at teams like Bolton, Stoke or Wolves and say: There is just no point for me'. I hate that style of football."

Classic Line

Comment

What a t00sser

“England is not for me, I think La Liga is the best League for me,” he said. “[I don't like] how they play in England, I like to play football! I look at teams like Bolton, Stoke or Wolves and say: There is just no point for me'. I hate that style of football.

“I have one more year on my contract this season and I hope that Tottenham make a deal in the summer. If not, I will go for free next summer.

“I hope to be playing for one of the top four in Spain next season — Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla. I have contact with good teams and I know that they want me. Now I just have to hope they can agree a deal with Tottenham.”

“He has said he wants to rely on me and that means a lot,” said the player, who has scored twice during Warnock's four-game reign.

“I am looking to enjoy these last two months and make some good performances so we can avoid relegation.”

Comment

Very irritating when he comes out with comments like these.

Play him till we are safe then send him back IMO.

Comment

Well he doesn't want to play for Spurs, but has a year left on his contract.

If they don't do a deal to sell or loan him to a Spanish club, would he be interested in another season of CCC football with QPR?

Afterall, it does seem that he has already learned more about team play under Warnock than he has throughout his career. So another season, could really help him to become the top quality player his talent suggests he can be.

No, I don't think so either

Comment

He hasn't said he doesn't want to leave QPR directly, ok he has made it clear where the priorities lie but he hasn't shut the door on us.

Spurs will have to try to sell him this summer otherwise he'll go for free, I say we offer Ł3 million and leave the offer on the table and see what happens this summer.

Give the lad a break, he's only 20.

Comment

at least the guy is honest. Its better than when people talk a load of lies, pretending they like it. Lets not kid ourselves, he is right! The football in the Championship in particular is pretty bad and more physical than skill. For me, he is clearly the most talented player in the division, and should certainly be playing for a top top side. I dont blame him at all for his comments, as long as he commits everything to QPR for the remainder of the season

Comment

He may be 20 but he knows what he is saying and it would not surprise me if Spurs let him go in the summer by mutual consent. His attitude is there for all to see in his own words.
                      Last edited by paulmason; 18-03-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I'd say he is young and will find Europe a daunting place, we should buy him, learn his trade and go to Europe in couple of years time.

Trouble is, we have far more teams in this division, like Bolton and Stoke.

He was very hurt by the boos he got earlier in the season when we won, and now is showing some mutual respect by clapping the fans and putting in some very good performances. More of a team player now too.
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I think it's clear from that, he will not be here past this season. I don't hold this against him though. The interview is a little naive and that could be down to being young. Not very tactful, but he is being honest.

As long as he continues to work hard whilst here, I have no problems with him wanting to better himself once this season is over.
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Pete - From his own words in a recent interview, what gives you the feeling he is really giving QPR the nod to come in and sign him ?

“England is not for me“

“I hope to be playing for one of the top four in Spain next season — Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia or Sevilla”

Comment

You are probably right, its just what I would do.

Realistically he is not going to play for those clubs in the next 12-24 months . If he cannot get in Spurs team, then his chances of top teams In Spain are limited.

Hopefully his advisors are doing there job.
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X