The Postcode W12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Postcode W12

What make the postcode W12 so special to you?

Is is because you pay your bi weekly pilgrimage here to see the Mighty Superhoops, are you from W12 or another reason?

Last night there was massive choruses of 'West London is ours' & 'Oh West London' but I do wonder if there are fans who sing these songs regardless if they weren't born in West London but feel a massive connection with the place because of the Rangers.

The P, Q & R Blocks sing passionately about Shepherds Bush but obviously everyone is not from there.

I haven't seen another club so passionate about there postcode as ourselves so I would like to know what it is that does it?

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

Is is because you pay your bi weekly pilgrimage here to see the Mighty Superhoops, are you from W12 or another reason?

Last night there was massive choruses of 'West London is ours' & 'Oh West London' but I do wonder if there are fans who sing these songs regardless if they weren't born in West London but feel a massive connection with the place because of the Rangers.

The P, Q & R Blocks sing passionately about Shepherds Bush but obviously everyone is not from there.

I haven't seen another club so passionate about there postcode as ourselves so I would like to know what it is that does it?

Good question

I was born at the Central Middlesex which is NW10 but have lived in both W12 and W6 and now in TW7 so no longer even have a London Postcode though I still consider myself from West London and am proud of it.

Comment

I was born in Surrey...Redhill to be exact. My dad is from Notting Hill and my mum from Foolham. Most of my family live in and around West London. My cousin is back in Ladbroke Grove, so I do have roots. Dad took me to my 1st game when I was 4 (almost 26 years ago) and songs like these have been sung since I was a kid, and way before.

I suppose it comes with being a fan. We're proud of our team and that includes the area. Very terratorial and it's good.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Born and raised in W12 with a stint in W3 then back i went to W12 and now i'm in W6. I'm west london through and through.

Comment

Some are born in W12 or close so this is quite natural . Some travel a fair distance to W12 and have chosen QPR so this can make people even more passionate , as opposed to taking QPR for granted . Also a lot of older fans [25+] have been in love with QPR longer than thier wives and girlfriends ,so it is also their mistress , this i think is why
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

i think that the people from w10 11 and 12 consider themselves the elite.
            its not just a football thing either as im sure you know.

Comment

w12 is my family home still have family there my dad gre up on the same block as bill power
              thats my connection

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Oh CM3 is wonderfull
                oh CM3 is wonderfull
                its full of houses ,yummie mummies
                Oh CM3 is wonderfull
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

born 2 miles away in W3 , remember we're not a Premiership glamour club even though Flab thought we were, so we don't pull in loads of supporters with no real connection to West London the majority have some connection in the family etc. , we're a family/community type club so naturally we'll sing about our home as we're proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                    Some are born in W12 or close so this is quite natural . Some travel a fair distance to W12 and have chosen QPR so this can make people even more passionate , as opposed to taking QPR for granted . Also a lot of older fans [25+] have been in love with QPR longer than thier wives and girlfriends ,so it is also their mistress , this i think is why
                    Spot on.Where as you chaps were either born or have lived there, so therefore have no choice.....us "outsiders" have adopted W12 as our spiritual home and therefore makes us far more important....

Comment

That must mean report is some kind of superfan?

All hail Mike!!!
                      Your mum would love me...

Comment

W12 isn't special to me, it's a bit of a sh ithole. I'm born and raised W9, probably the best postcode in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
                          W12 isn't special to me, it's a bit of a sh ithole. I'm born and raised W9, probably the best postcode in London.
                          Yea right o! Warwick ave? Maida Vale?

Its alright if you want a new carpet...or a fallafel i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
                            SPOT ON.

that was where i was brought up..Morshead Road to be specific.still a great part of town.

There is something magical about westboourne park,notting hill,golborne,maida vale,warwick avenue...can't quite describe what it is but if you agree you will understand what i mean.

Comment

means a lot to me, was born there was schooled there and still have family knocking about, also remember some great sessions in the conningham and the british queen
                              Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Working...
                              X