My thoughts on yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on yesterday

well similar to the preston game.. i felt we would take abit of a hammering.. i mean i expected us to get beat yesterday.

however like the preston game we didnt and we won well, maybe not as comfortable as preston but good enough.

as for the fans, well it felt more than just shy of 15 thousand but eugh wadda ya know!

anyways as for the players...

ikeme - best performance to date. class save from watson and good cross collecting.

conolly - althought he is not RB.. i was very happy to see him at rightback rather than ramage.. nothing against ramage but thomas would of murdered him.

stewart - very good performance from him.. felt like he didnt give away much and was quite alert. very committed.. didnt see him backout of any tackles or headers and just won everything.

gorkks - felt kasper had a very good game although he is very bad for ball watching.. especially when cox was on the pitch buzzing about.. him and stewpeas can do enough to keep us up but id rather have connolly and stewart as CB after yesterdays performances.

hill - bad positioning for the goal.. and i feel we would have so much more from him if he actually looked to go beyond his winger. i reckon he can have a small burst of pace to get beyond a player and fire a cross in. done well 2nd half.. 1st was abit shaky.

leigertwood - legs played well but sometimes was caught dwelling on the ball. he was committed though as ever, but his ability to keep the ball was quite suspicious yesterday.

faurlin - MOTM.. was everywhere, really did put in a captains performance (even tho not skipper) he was up against a 3 man midfield and he had watson all day.

taarabt - felt like warnock would guide him in the right direction.. he didnt hold onto the ball too long and did his fancy tricks at the right times. he was man marked most of the game i felt.. they knew from the horthorns not to let him have time on the ball.

ephraim - he has the ability but just i dont think will produce it outwide.. for some feeling i never feel he will do anything outwide.. he is more of a central player - one-two's sorta thing not skinning the full back.

priskin - saw the reason he started today.. we have no HEIGHT in our team whatsoever played well 1st half and then seemed out of it completely in the 2nd. sadly he is not what we want.

simpson - cant praise the lad much more.. he done everything.. held ball up.. finished his chance and created space to run onto.. only slight criticism was number of offsides he gave away by not looking.

subs:
    buzsaky - i think he has turned a new leaf.. he is starting to graft abit more for the team and is also making things happen in final third. good performance.

vine - didnt have much time but was more "up for it" than he was against ipswich. felt like he had some confidence.. unlucky with chance he had.

ramage - saw that warnock wanted to put somebody on thomas and allow connolly to deal with aerial attack. done alright but got skinned too many times
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Think I agree with all of that. For me Stewpeas was shaky at times...KG won virtually everything at him.

Simpson is a MUST signing.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Please tell me you're joking about Stewart?

He got beat to so many tackles, fell over giving them a free run on goal which Ikeme superbly rescued. He seems to take longer and longer on decisions these days too. He was nearly caught out a number of times yesterday. Ok, some can say it was a great save from thier keeper, but how the hell did he miss that header from 1 yard out?

I really don't get the hype about this guy. He's an incredibly thick footballer.
      Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 07-03-2010, 03:43 PM.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

He got beat to so many tackles, fell over giving them a free run on goal whick Ikeme superbly rescued. He seems to take longer and longer on decisions these days too. He was nearly caught out a number of times yesterday. Ok, some can say it was a great save from thier keeper, but how the hell did he miss that header from 1 yard out?

I really don't get the hype about this guy. He's an incredibly thick footballer.
        For me i hate the way he lets things bounce. Would prefer Big Dan to Stewpeas anyday
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

He got beat to so many tackles, fell over giving them a free run on goal whick Ikeme superbly rescued. He seems to take longer and longer on decisions these days too. He was nearly caught out a number of times yesterday. Ok, some can say it was a great save from thier keeper, but how the hell did he miss that header from 1 yard out?

i will agree with you that stewpeas is somewhat error prone.. but just watching KG i saw so many off the ball mistakes he made.. he will always win headers but as a CB for me.. that is not enough. i do feel BOTH of our CB's need replacing in the summer if we are to go for promotion. was clear to me that our defence was our weakest point yesterday.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
            i will agree with you that stewpeas is somewhat error prone.. but just watching KG i saw so many off the ball mistakes he made.. he will always win headers but as a CB for me.. that is not enough. i do feel BOTH of our CB's need replacing in the summer if we are to go for promotion. was clear to me that our defence was our weakest point yesterday.
            Indeed. I'm a big fan of Gorkss, but he's been hit and miss this season. I think if we sign two quality full backs and move Connolly back into the centre, we'll see Gorkss fill his potential. It doesn't help him that he feels he has to cover everyone else.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

i think hogan can work on the wing he's young and has not had a permanent manager to bring him along hopefully that will now change nw is hear as for stewart he i no way good enoughts

Comment

Vine looked absolutely knackered and out of breath after being on the pitch for 4 minutes. Does he have a 40 a day smoking habit or something?

Comment

i spoke with jay simpson before the game and asked him whether the club have enquired about signing him permanently, he said no, however he did say he was intrested so i took that away as a positive

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                    i spoke with jay simpson before the game and asked him whether the club have enquired about signing him permanently, he said no, however he did say he was intrested so i took that away as a positive
                    its a case of waiting and seeing what warnock wants now..

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                      You went to the game? Why didn't you mention it before!
                      Last edited by wicksta; 07-03-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X