"We wanted to keep him, but Raheem was keen to play for an Academy."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
    Who closed down QPR's academy to save money ............. Mr Paladini. Who never started it up again when he saved us form extinction when he found us one millionaire and two billionaires, you got it....... Mr Paladini
    With the greatest respect would u like another lp as the one you are continually running is clearly broken

Comment

Originally posted by pepsi View Post
      All premiership clubs must have an academy.

The reason we had to come out of the academy structure was because we didn"t have a soul use indoor training facility.

Nothing to do with Paladini this happened when David Davis was CEO.
      No they don't. Many don't have them. Portsmouth, Wigan, Burnley & Hull to name a few.

Comment

At the time Qpr pulled out that was the the reason given although cost was also a factor.

I know they don't want premier clubs pulling out, Chelsea at the time didn't have a soul use indoor facility but they could prove that they had intentions to build one so were given dispensation/ Fulham were looking into building an underground facility as they didn't have the land to build or have planning permission to erect a dome. (I know this as fact,although this may have changed now.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
          No they don't. Many don't have them. Portsmouth, Wigan, Burnley & Hull to name a few.
          Sorry have re-read the your post and realise you meant an academy oops.
          I think they have to have an academy after 3 yrs in the premiership (not 100% but something like that)

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
            With the greatest respect would u like another lp as the one you are continually running is clearly broken

Yes, it does sound like that doesn't it. I was sure the academy went the same time the coaches, youth teams and scouting network was decimated to save money. Sorry for getting it wrong.

Comment

Chris Wright closed the academy

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                Chris Wright closed the academy
                I know that, i just apologised for getting it wrong in the post above ?

Comment

lol

sorry!

i just noticed that I said the same earlier as well..my bad.

Hopefully the money from Sterling will be reinvested in the youth. Looking at Amit and Ishans work in India and the Community Trust I hope that getting QPRs youth working as well as it possibly can is a high priority for them.

Comment

quick question for you

would you prefer us to invest 40-50 mil in setting up an academy as opposed to spending 10-15 mil on players to get us promoted

I would hate to meet you on one of your Victor Meldrew days

Comment

Scott, this is what they need to do and it wont cost them much at all.
                      1) They need a development centre in the Hayes, Wembley and Ruislip Goals soccer centres.
                      2) Work with the U6, U7, U8 and U9 managers of the top youth teams in the area like Greenford Celtic, Parkfield & Ruislip Rangers etc, to make sure their best kids are coming in to these development centres.
                      3) More coaches (maybe using the local club coaches) to help develop the kids.

Comment

Scott, this is what they need to do and it wont cost them much at all.
                        1) They need a development centre in the Hayes, Wembley and Ruislip Goals soccer centres.
                        2) Work with the U6, U7, U8 and U9 managers of the top youth teams in the area like Greenford Celtic, Parkfield & Ruislip Rangers etc, to make sure their best kids are coming in to these development centres.
                        3) More coaches (maybe using the local club coaches) to help develop the kids.
                        Agree Paul. When I was a kid the club had close links to the Harrow Youth League...and used to arrange match day packages where clubs could come along, train on the astroturf and catch a game as well. Ideal opportunity to scout kids and get some new fans. OK, it didnt work out in the end but, QPR actually signed a kid from my Dads football team (think his name was meakin?) after seeing him at one such day.

Comment

Originally posted by pepsi View Post
                          Sorry have re-read the your post and realise you meant an academy oops.
                          I think they have to have an academy after 3 yrs in the premiership (not 100% but something like that)
                          No - they don't - there is no stipulation.

Comment

Working...
                          X