• Show
Clear All

• "We wanted to keep him, but Raheem was keen to play for an Academy."

nuff said. sort it out amit - asap.

Don't believe everything you read!

Comment

even if we had an acadamy we couldn't compete with the prem clubs

Comment

Sorry to be contraversial here, and I dont agree with it, but from a commerical sense why should Amit put £millions and Millions into the youth setup, when the big guns can come up and take your prized assets. If i was looking at the setup, i would do my figures and if it dosnt make commerical sense then i would look around at trying to pinch all the best 16 year old that the other drop, and see if ii can find a dimaond that way, as it is a lot cheaper.

They say he wanted acadamy, why does that guarantee him his future? No

He went because it was Liverpool, a big club and like all kids would have been excited as there is no way QPR could compete.

The FA have done nothing but make the haves and the have nots further apart and this is another example. If the FA cared aboout smaller clubs, they would abolish this status and allow everyone to compete on every level, they should not allow bigger clubs go around and pinch other clubs kids or makke sure clubs like QPR get a very high compensation figure, not their fair value so Spuds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Liverpool can get them on the cheap.

I dont blame sterling and i wish him all the best, but the FA screwed over many smaller clubs on this scale and everyones ignores it, and that upsets me
        One for all.... and all for one

Comment

I agree. Fulham paid Maidstone £20k for Smalling, kept him for a year then sold him for £16m. Maidstone were so desperate for the £20k they didn't dare negotiate a sell on. Fulham gave Maidstone £10k out of the goodness of their hearts recently.....I would have told them to **** off personally.

Comment

Who closed down QPR's academy to save money ............. Mr Paladini. Who never started it up again when he saved us form extinction when he found us one millionaire and two billionaires, you got it....... Mr Paladini

Comment

This will be construed as a defence, but who closed the academy?
              (half the problem of blaming someone and it sticks)

Come back with the right answer
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

OK

please explain ( i know the answer) what you need to do to obtain academy status before jumping down our clubs throat

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  This will be construed as a defence, but who closed the academy?
                  (half the problem of blaming someone and it sticks)

Come back with the right answer
                  I thought it was Blackburn and co
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    I thought it was Blackburn and co
                    Chris Wright..we lost it as of him

Comment

It was Chris Wright.

Following on from that, we didn;t have the money to keep it going.

Not 100% sure but think only some premiership clubs now have academies
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

All premiership clubs must have an academy.

The reason we had to come out of the academy structure was because we didn"t have a soul use indoor training facility.

Nothing to do with Paladini this happened when David Davis was CEO.
                        Last edited by pepsi; 28-02-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Academy can only play academy and CoE can play CoE. Many clubs outside have an academy Watford for exampl. Have a great set up.

Comment

Academy's are an enormous drain on club resources. At Football League level, they just don't make any financial sense whatsoever. Palace's for example - excellent facility - but doesn't stop the bigger clubs coming in to take the likes of Bostock, Routledge and Moses for absolute peanuts.

We're far better off without one, keeping a well run CoE and grazing around the lads that fall out from the like of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Comment

I'm gutted we have lost a promising young player but people need to put this into perspective.

Liverpool are a massive club with a world class reputation.

Even if we did have academy status when a team like Liverpool comes calling we are always going to struggle.

I really hope the lad does well and wish him all the very best for the future.
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                              X