No announcement yet.

Copy & Pasting to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add...I'm not trying to tell MYU how to run this site, nor am I saying I am 100% correct. Just saying it how I believe it to be. The internet is a public tool and most sites will allow copy and paste.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
      I secretly think you are flabbio. Stop dictating to me...

...I'm just playing by the way chap. You ain't rich enough to be Flav
      I think he might be poor enough to be me soon. What with the QPR investment utter failure and his fancy car going on sale for just 19 grand, having cost him over 100 grand just a few years ago ... things are not looking good for him. That makes me so infinitely sad
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Reap what you sew, Kiril. He deserves everything that comes to him.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

er?

so its ok to delete my post now?

all i said was that it was the mods being anal* and it is not an issue

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don't_be_anal

it's not rude or a swear word

Comment

I personally find clicking through to links rather annoying. Firstly I don't know what's gonna be on that page, it could be NSFW. Or it could contain spyware or any other number of threats to my computer. Also some work places have bans on certain sites.

There isn't really a problem if you are quoting and providing a source. Why not have both, a quote, then a link through? Infringement of Copyright will only come into play if you are trying to pass it off as your own material. Otherwise things like RSS feeds would be unlawful as they don't provide hits to a site but still provide information and pretty much every news site out there uses RSS.

Comment

BAng on captain. BUt don't let sense and facts get in the way.

Comment

This has been a problem for years and its only now that these websites are doing something about it.

Most sites now like FT.com only allow you to view one page and then you have to register it also explains not to copy & paste.

Like most say that they don't want to click on a link, this then means that those websites who provide the information do not get viewed for that very reason.

If people want to put the story in the own words then that's OK.

Comment

Sorry, why hasnt an over zealous person moved this to off topic?

Comment

and more importantly, why are some of the new smileys half off the page?

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
                      and more importantly, why are some of the new smileys half off the page?
                      They look OK at home and work.

Comment

Working...
                      X