Salter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salter

I guess we sort of know that if we're going to lose players, it will unfortunately be Clarke-salter and Willock. Both would be considered as our best players so we will need to try and replace quality with quality. I think Salter leaving would be a blow but if we pushed the boat out and used some of the money to sign Spurs Tanganga I think he would be the perfect replacement. He was incredible a couple a seasons ago at a much higher level. I'm sure there would be competition for his signature but he's big strong pacy and ticks all the boxes for me!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Sell Dykes and whatever money comes in for him,maybe pick up Hugill from Rotherham?
    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

With hopefully £20-25m coming into the club with the sale of Eze and JCS I would like to think we can aim a bit higher than a soon to be 32 yr old Hugill.

If we cash in on Chair & Dykes too there could be £28-35m in the coffers. Even if we spread that money over three seasons there £10m there.

Comment

Hoping Marti being excellent coach will encourage premier league team to loan young striker.

Couple decent season loans could set us up.

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
          Sell Dykes and whatever money comes in for him,maybe pick up Hugill from Rotherham?
          Why in the name of all that is holy would we want Hugill.

We have to better looking into the future, if that means taking risks on younger players then so be it. Journey men that can do a job are no way to build a team. They've gotten us out of scrapes and binds, and some have been integral this season, ie Begovic and Colback, maybe even Cook? But going into the future players like these need to be the exception to add experience where needed, not marqee signings like a striker should be.

Though it depends on whether or not we sell any of the current strikers, I only see a place for Dykes in squad rotation moving into next year, the rest of the front line needs to be refreshed.

A major rebuild is coming i can feel it. It'll be slow but if Marti stays I don't see much of this squad being here in 12 months, their either getting old, getting sold or not good enough.

Comment

Remember all that Les Ferdinand talk BS when saying about how we need to go back to early 90s when we was going to get young lower league players for next to nothing and make them good players to sell and earn money that way. That was all forgotten about

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
              Remember all that Les Ferdinand talk BS when saying about how we need to go back to early 90s when we was going to get young lower league players for next to nothing and make them good players to sell and earn money that way. That was all forgotten about
              Wasn't that the friction between Les and Warbs? Les wanted youth and Warbs saying they weren't good enough and wanted experienced players. But when he got those players we still couldn't finish on the top six and caused a mini financial meltdown. Whatever our strategy is moving forward I hope we still to it. Too much flip-flopping of late.

Great to see that our recent progress under Noraay and Marti happened without a DoF. That role was a waste of money!!

Comment

I think it's hard to get top dollar for players from a struggling team. We do need to sell players but I'm wondering if a player like JCS might be worth more in January if he's seen as a member of a decent winning team then? Whether we get money for him in August or January doesn't impact our annual accounts or matter to FSP deadlines.
                IF we get an Eze windfall it might allow us to keep our saleable assets for a few months and provide them with a stage to shine and boost their value..

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  I think it's hard to get top dollar for players from a struggling team. We do need to sell players but I'm wondering if a player like JCS might be worth more in January if he's seen as a member of a decent winning team then? Whether we get money for him in August or January doesn't impact our annual accounts or matter to FSP deadlines.
                  IF we get an Eze windfall it might allow us to keep our saleable assets for a few months and provide them with a stage to shine and boost their value..
                  I'd like to keep JCS.

I do think we'd be seen as on the ride though, it's clear we started this season poorly and things have turned a corner. I know what you mean though.

Comment

Marti Cifuentes says QPR need to make “very accurate decisions” on players this summer and “learn from mistakes” of the past.

Mistakes of the past include not selling players when there is interest in them. We hold on too long, injury, dips in form and the value is gone.

I have confidence in the ability of the club to bring in decent replacements. We need income from player sales to reinvest. I think Marti's statement above relates to both the selling and buying of players.

Comment

The CEO role of Nourry is very different from the former CEO role of Hoos. It looks to me as Nourry is concentrating of the football side of things. Alongside Marti, he is now designing our DNA and the definition of the QPR way to play. To me, it looks like we have finally got a DOF, just that his title is something different. I think it is hard for a club without a good DOF these days and for the first time in our history I think we have one.

Comment

In theory, JCS might be worth the same with 1.5 years left of his contract as with two year left if he has has become an even better player by January 2025. However, January is a difficult window. It is hard to sell and hard to buy. Suddenly the window might have gone and he is still here and this value will have dropped 50%. His agent will then tell him to hold out for another year. He can then sign for a new club, effectively cashing in the entire transfer fee himself in sign on fee and higher wages. Holding onto JSC now seems to me to reapeat the same mistakes we have kept doing again and again in the past. The ideal time to sell is when there are two years left of a players contract and there is no hope of a contract extension. If JCS is willing to extend it is a completely different story though.

I think we shall put him up for sale now. He is sought after and I think we can get £6m. We will have a solid budget this summer and we will find a good replacement.

Comment

He is indeed a very good player, but his injury record may put potential takers off. I`m not saying we should`t cash on if we can though.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            He is indeed a very good player, but his injury record may put potential takers off. I`m not saying we should`t cash on if we can though.
                            It could well be a reason why we don't get £15m but for newly promoted teams to the prem and the other lower three, surely £8m players are cheap and bulks out their squads? Even a relegated club to the championship could afford that.

My guess is that he wont be with us next season. He was put on the bench today for a reason!!

Comment

Selling JCS is the right move, good as it would be to keep him. Learning from mistales of the past, but only if the price is right and in what that price is I trust this nez hierarchy to get.

Learning from mistakes of the past in my opinion must allude to some rather suspect transfer incomings, do we count frey as one of those? I certainly do. We have to go for dead certs if the player is over a certain age, Colback, Cook, Begovic, model professionals. Frey has a chequered past.

Now, JCS was a risky signing, like Roberts, potential there but injury prone. He's done extremely well latter half of this year. Is that enough to spark interest to a value where it's worth taking a gamble for an incoming club? Then what are we buying to replace him?

Plenty of trust in the club to make the right call, i like the language in saying precise decisions. Frey has been the clubs only mistake since Nourry and Marti signed on the transfer front.

Comment

Working...
                              X